The American lottery or the American green card lottery, is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to immigrate to America, which is held every year by the American government for citizens of different countries. US lottery registration gives you the chance to get a US green card by participating in a lottery. It should be noted that the US lottery registration does not have any special conditions, and almost all people with a passport and the conditions to participate in it can register for the American lottery, which we will explain below.
What is the US lottery?
Every year, the American government awards 55,000 people from all over the world, regardless of race, color, or religion, through a lottery. The organizer of the American lottery program is the Kentucky Consular Center or KCC. The American lottery has three stages every year, which stage includes the lottery registration stage, the stage of announcing the lottery results, and the stage of conducting administrative affairs and granting visas to the lottery winners. The US Consular Center of Kentucky is responsible for receiving the lottery registrant’s information, conducting the lottery, and announcing the lottery results. The lottery visa interview and grant are entrusted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the American embassies.
What is an American green card?
The American green card is actually the permanent residence of the United States, the holder of which can live, work, and study freely in this country like an American citizen. After receiving an American green card, a foreigner can travel to other countries without any problems, like a citizen, and return to the United States with the same card and travel to and from the United States without a visa.
The US green card holder is considered a citizen of this country and can use the benefits that the US government offers to its citizens. The United States of America is one of the best countries in the world for immigration, and many immigrants enter this country every year.
What are the benefits of having an American green card?
As mentioned above, a person who has an American green card, like an American citizen, can use all the privileges provided by the American government for its citizens, which are as follows:
- Living in America: Although the holder of an American green card is considered a foreigner and is not an American, he can live in America (live permanently) and is under the protection of American laws and the American government.
- Permit to work in America: The holder of an American green card can work in the United States and have a private or government job after obtaining the relevant permits.
- Inviting spouse and children to America: The US green card holder can invite his spouse or children under the age of 21 to America.
- Having a national number: US green card holders enjoy the benefits of having a national number; this will be for people who have 10 years of work experience in the US before retirement, along with retirement benefits.
- The right to be a sponsor: the US green card holder can sponsor other people.
- Applying for citizenship: US green card holders can usually apply for citizenship after 5 years.
- Having the right to study and receive scholarships: US green card holders, as residents, have the right to pay lower tuition fees for universities.
US Lottery 2025 registration conditions
- Be born in one of the authorized countries. (Those born in Iran and Afghanistan are allowed.)
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have at least a diploma.
- If you do not have a diploma, you must have at least two years of work experience. You can read the list of approved jobs on onetonline.org.
US Lottery 2025 photo specifications and conditions
The photo sent to participate in the American lottery is very important, so most people lose their chance of acceptance simply because they do not meet the technical specifications of the photo. In this section, we will explain the appearance and technical specifications of the lottery photo.
- The lottery photo must be square and 5 cm by 5 cm, or 600 pixels by 600 pixels, with a white background.
- The resolution of the lottery photo must be at least 300 dpi.
- The lottery photo format must be jpg.
- The maximum size of the lottery photo is 240 kilobytes (kb).
- The roundness of the face should be clear and not covered by anything.
- The lottery photo must be without glasses and hearing aids.
- You should not reuse the photo you used last year.
- The photo must be from the last six months. The age of the photo should not be more than 6 months.
- Taking a picture with a hijab is not a hindrance for Muslims and other religions in which hijab is defined.
- The person in the picture should be completely facing the camera, and the head and body should not be at an angle. (more information about the appropriate photo)
US Lottery 2025 registration guide:
- Each applicant is only allowed to register on one form as the main applicant.
- Registration can only be done on the dates mentioned and cannot be extended.
- Forms must be completed online only. It is not possible to save forms.
- Try not to postpone the registration until the last few days. Sometimes the high traffic of the website prevents you from registering on time and causes you to lose your chance.
- You will have 60 minutes to complete the forms.
Chances of winning the 2025 US lottery
Since US lottery registration is a lottery, it can be said that everyone’s chances are the same at the beginning, and each person has the right to register and try his luck only once in the US lottery, but two groups of applicants can legally register and try their luck three times a year.
- The first group: married people can have a two-way registration in such a way that once the person is considered the main applicant, his wife and children are registered as companions, and once, the spouse of the person as the main applicant is considered, their spouses and children are registered as companions.
- The second group—single people under 21 years old who have succeeded in receiving a 12-year diploma—actually have three chances to register. Chances are, the parent can register on the form, and the person himself is the main applicant.
US lottery registration Date and Time 2025:
The registration period for this year’s lottery 2025 starts from October 12 and continues until the end of November 16.
Information required to register for the 2025 US lottery:
- Name and surname of the main applicant
- Exact date of birth according to passport
- City and country of birth
- Full address of residence
- Contact information and email address
- Level of education
- Marriage conditions
- A piece of photo for you and all your companions (the specifications of the lottery photo are explained in the above section); don’t forget that all family members need a photo. Even a baby who is a few days old.
- Information about the spouse and children, if necessary
- Be careful that the information of all children or adopted children under the age of 21 and unmarried is mentioned.
- If your child is over 21 years old, he or she must register alone and cannot be in your group.
- If your child was born in the United States or has an American green card, do not write the information on your form.
- In the event of any failure to register the information of your spouse and children, even if accepted, your case will be rejected.
US Lottery 2025 registration fee:
US lottery registration is completely free, and a person can register for free by visiting the main US lottery website.
How to Apply
For more information, please visit the official website