Afghanistan’s first microfinance institution.
The Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), operates financial institutions in more than 15 poor nations, including The First Microfinance Bank – Afghanistan (FMFB-A), which began operations in 2004. It is associated with the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a collection of nine development organizations that mostly operate in Asia and Africa and engage in the fields of health, education, culture, and rural economic development.
Our main goal in Afghanistan is to help reduce poverty and promote economic growth by giving the neglected and impoverished access to sustainable financial services. We joined the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) in 2016, which is a network of independent banks utilizing money to create sustainable economic, social, and environmental outcomes.
As the top supplier of financial services in Afghanistan, FMFB-A aspired to strengthen its position. The market leader in terms of Portfolio as of December 2021 is FMFB-A, which has a market share of about AFN 4 billion (61%). The bank has around 230,000 active clients, including borrowers and savers who frequently want to stabilize spending when a family’s income is unpredictable rather than saving to develop assets.
- Closing Date: Jun 02, 2023
- Reference: FMFB-HR-0058-2023
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Salary Range: As per the company salary scale
- Years of Experience: 3 – 5 years
- Probation Period: 3 month
- Contract Duration: 1 year
- Contract Extensible: Maybe
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Work Type: Full Time
- Gender: Male
The correct execution of the grant procedure at the PI is the grant specialist’s responsibility. He/she is a designated point of contact for AMAD at PIs for grant-related issues, ensuring the proper collection of grant-related documents and information. Additionally, this person is in charge of managing the branch-level Grant and TA officers.
You may like to Apply
- Tolo TV needs talented students
- Grant Specialist
- IT Support Engineer by AWCC
- Job as Cleaner
- Call Center Junior Officer
- job as Driver by AWCC
- Protection and Rule of Law CBPC Officer (Re Announced)
- Electrical Technician
- Embroidery Trainer
- Junior Officer Risk MIS
Duties & Responsibilities
- The planning and execution of grant activities at regional levels are planned and supervised at the PI level.
- by assisting in the planning and execution of grant training and the deployment of regional grant and TA officers, ensures the PI level has the necessary capacities;
- ensures that the necessary processes, tools, and other structures are in place at the PI to handle grants and keeps an eye on how those policies and procedures are being put into practice;
- identifies areas where processes and procedures connected to grants should be improved;
- determines required revisions after evaluating the suitability of the eligibility and selection criteria for grants as well as the order and processing of grants;
- encourages the creation of TA measures and other associated support initiatives;
- ensures that actions linked to the grant are properly communicated.
- Academic background in business management, banking, accounting, economics, or a related field (ACCA and BBA-Finance preferred);
- Credit experience of at least 3 years;
- Good knowledge of the Afghan financial sector;
- Business mindset and good insight into issues of MSME finance;
- Good command of English and local languages;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent analytical skills and good reporting skills;
- Good computer skills, especially Word, Excel, and PPT;
- Ability to act on own initiative and work confidentially;
- Ability and willingness to do field work outside of the office and to travel throughout Afghanistan, if needed;
- Must be responsive, accountable, and detail oriented with a problem-solving orientation;
- Proactive and self-starter attitude – the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment is a benefit;
- Previous experience with the implementation of grant programs and project management is a plus;
How to Apply
For more information, please visit the FMFB-A website: https://fmfb.com.af/careers.