Afghanistan’s first microfinance institution.
The Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), operates financial institutions in more than 15 poor nations, including The First Microfinance Bank – Afghanistan (FMFB-A), which began operations in 2004. It is associated with the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a collection of nine development organizations that mostly operate in Asia and Africa and engage in the fields of health, education, culture, and rural economic development.
Our main goal in Afghanistan is to help reduce poverty and promote economic growth by giving the neglected and impoverished access to sustainable financial services. We joined the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) in 2016, which is a network of independent banks utilizing money to create sustainable economic, social, and environmental outcomes.
As the top supplier of financial services in Afghanistan, FMFB-A aspired to strengthen its position. The market leader in terms of Portfolio as of December 2021 is FMFB-A, which has a market share of about AFN 4 billion (61%). The bank has around 230,000 active clients, including borrowers and savers who frequently want to stabilize spending when a family’s income is unpredictable rather than saving to develop assets.
- Closing Date: Jun 02, 2023
- Reference: FMFB-HR-0059-2023
- Number of Vacancies: 3
- Salary Range: As per the company salary scale
- Years of Experience: 2 – 3 years
- Probation Period: 3 month
- Contract Duration: 1 year
- Contract Extensible: Maybe
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Work Type: Full Time
- Gender: Male
The Grants and TA Officer acts as a focal point for grants and technical assistance at the regional branch level and is in charge of properly carrying out grant and technical assistance operations at the (regional) branch level. The officer makes sure that loan officers help grant applicants in creating a viable financing project in a proper manner. For there to be an equitable opportunity for all firms, the Grants and TA Officer ensures that the grant criteria and process are known by all relevant financial employees and are clearly disclosed to the public. By sending the grant application materials to the PI HO on time and keeping an eye on the decision-making and assessment stages, the Grants and TA Officer will ensure that the grant process runs well.
You may like also to Apply
- Tolo TV needs talented students
- Grant Specialist
- IT Support Engineer by AWCC
- Job as Cleaner
- Call Center Junior Officer
- job as Driver by AWCC
- Protection and Rule of Law CBPC Officer (Re Announced)
- Electrical Technician
- Embroidery Trainer
- Junior Officer Risk MIS
- Audit Manager
- Consultant: Integrated Water Resource Management Expert ( for Afghan Nationals only)
- General Manager of Education and Development of the Department (Rank 4)
Duties & Responsibilities
- by planning and carrying out training, ensures that the PI’s loan officers (LOs) are well-versed in the Grant rules and processes;
- Ensures prompt transmission of any issue or procedure change needed for Grants implementation via the Grants Specialist;
- identifies TA initiatives and other complementary support initiatives;
- makes ensuring that potential grant recipients are properly informed by the PI about the availability of grants and acts as a focal point for issues relating to grants at the branch and regional levels of the PI.
- academic training in accounting, banking, and business management
- ACCA and BBA-Finance are desired, as are degrees in economics or a related discipline;
- 2 years or more of credit history
- having a thorough grasp of Afghan finance
- Good business sense and understanding of MSME financial concerns
- excellent linguistic communication
- the capacity to take initiative and operate secretly
- Possibility and interest in working outside the office
- Pashto and Dari fluency; a strong grasp of English is preferred
- sufficient proficiency with computers, especially Word and Excel
- Must be receptive, responsible, and detail-oriented with a focus on problem-solving;
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced setting and a proactive approach are advantages.
How to Apply
For more information, please visit the FMFB-A website: https://fmfb.com.af/careers.