The DAAD scholarships provide an opportunity for graduates from developing and newly industrialized countries to pursue postgraduate or Master’s degrees at the state or state-recognized universities in Germany. Applicants should have at least two years of professional experience and can, in some cases, pursue a doctoral degree. The program aims to help recipients obtain a university qualification (Master’s or Ph.D.) in Germany.
- Opportunity type: Funded
- Opportunity: Scholarship
- Scholarship Level: Master’s degree | Ph.D. degree
- Location: Germany
- Availability: International
- Gender: Male and Female
- No of opportunity: Limited
- Target Students: Students from eligible countries
- Host Universities: German Universities offering development-related postgraduate courses
- Deadline: Aug-Oct 2023
Field of Study
- Masters or Ph.D. courses in Economic Sciences
- Business Administration
- Political Economics
- Development Cooperation
- Engineering and Related Sciences;
- Regional and Urban Planning
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Medicine and Public Health
- Social Sciences
- Education and Law
- Media Studies
- • List of all Postgraduate courses with application deadlines of 2023/24.
- • List of all Postgraduate courses with application deadlines 2024/25.
- The scholarships include monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates;
- Payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover;
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
The scholarship duration is 12 to 24 months (depending on the particular institution) for Master and 42 months for Ph.D.
The typical scholarship holder:
- Are you currently involved in the planning and execution of directives and projects in a developing country? Do your responsibilities primarily focus on implementing development policies related to technology, economy, or social areas? If so, it’s possible that you work for a public authority or a state or private company.
- • Typically, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field takes four years to complete.
- To apply, one must have completed an academic degree with exceptional results (upper third) and have at least two years of relevant professional experience after obtaining their bachelor’s degree.
- • His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
• For study courses in GermanIf you are applying for a scholarship that includes a 6-month German language course, you must pass the language examination DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before starting the study course. To meet this requirement, you must have at least a B1 level of German proficiency at the time of application and provide a certificate as proof.
• For courses in English: To comply with the rules of the courses, it is necessary to provide evidence of proficient language abilities.
How to Apply
Applications must be made directly to the respective course. Please refer to the respective course websites for the application procedure, the application deadline, and the documents to be submitted. The deadline varies depending on the course but falls around August-October 2023.