|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||Based on office policy|
|No. Of Jobs:||10|
|City:||Related districts of Uruzgan province (Chora, Khas Uruzgan, Shahid Hassah, Dehrawad)|
|Years of Experience:||Graduate from the Institute of Health Sciences, Nursing or Midwifery, or any other field.|
|Contract Duration:||One year renewable|
|Education:||Graduate from the Institute of Health Sciences, Nursing or Midwifery, or any other field.|
OPHCD is a non-governmental, non-political and independent organization established in 2017 under license number 4160 of the Department of Non-Governmental Organizations of the Honorable Ministry of Economy and under number 762 of the Islamic Institute of Afghanistan. The emirate is registered with the Ministry of Public Health. In addition, this organization is a member of the Afghanistan National Health Cluster, Afghanistan National Nutrition Cluster, and ACBAR. OPHCD as a non-governmental organization strives for the well-being of the people by promoting health, education, WASH, conservation and human rights, economic stability, and sustainable development of the community, including women and children, drug users, Focuses more on the displaced and other disadvantaged sections of the society.
- Monitoring the growth of all children under 2 years of age including measuring and recording anthropometry (weight, height, age, and MUAC).
- Classification of malnutrition, acute moderate and severe malnutrition in children.
- Counseling mothers and caregivers of children under 2 years of age on proper nutrition (IYCF) practices and infection prevention.
- If the child is suffering from moderate or severe malnutrition, advise the mother about proper nutrition practices (IYCF) to bring the child’s growth back to normal.
- Conducting complementary or complementary food demonstrations at the health center.
- If the child is severely malnourished, take him to the doctor for proper treatment.
- In the past NID, check the intake of vitamin A (Vit A) whether the child has taken it or not, and if he has not taken it, recommend it.
Advice for pregnant and lactating mothers:
- Advising pregnant and lactating mothers to eat healthy and nutritious food and recommend taking iron and folic acid tablets every day.
- Ensuring that pregnant women receive adequate amounts of IFA from the health facility.
- Encourage and support the use of iodized salt at the community level.
At the community level:
- Assisting the Community Health Supervisor (CHS) and Community Health Workers (CHWs), so that the Community Health Worker is able to:
- All children under 2 years of age were counseled according to the IYCF guidelines for growth, monitoring, and appropriate nutrition practices.
- Advise pregnant and lactating mothers to eat healthy and nutritious food and also be able to explain the importance of aspirin and folic acid tablets and do this at the community level.
- Every month, 1-2 messages related to nutrition have been sent to the community.
- Assisting the Community Health Supervisor (CHS) and the health worker to see the families whose children are not growing well or are malnourished and need help.
Activity recording and reporting:
- Regular reporting of nutrition services including nutrition services provided at IYCF and MCH or mother and child care units.
- Sharing with the community health supervisor and health workers the information and guidelines that are necessary for carrying out their duties at the community level and they need it.
- Have citizenship of Afghanistan.
- Graduate from the Institute of Health Sciences, Nursing or Midwifery, or any other field.
- Have work experience in at least one clinic.
- Proficiency in local languages Pashto and Dari.
- Having a kind and friendly personality and sufficient health and strength for work.
- Under these conditions, people can submit their applications and documents
- Send this email via email to [email protected]
- And you can directly submit it to OPHCD provincial office in Helmand.
- Address of the provincial office: Uruzgan province, Tarinkot city country road, 4 # district, 8 # block, 18 # house of (OPHCD) provincial office.
- Announcement start date: Wednesday 9th of the month of 1401, which corresponds to November 30, 2022.
- Advertisement Expiration Date: 15th of the month of 1401, Sunday which corresponds to December 07, 2022.