|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As per Organization Salary Scale|
|Vacancy Number:||10042612 – 10039423 – 10039424|
|No. Of Jobs:||3|
|Organization:||Aga Khan Education Services|
|Years of Experience:||Teaching experience of at least 3 years in urban areas or 6 months in rural areas.|
|Contract Duration:||One Year (Extendable)|
|Education:||Bachelor’s degree (in urban areas) or TTC diploma (in rural areas) in English Language and Literature or a field related to language teaching.|
About Aga Khan Education Services:
One of the largest private, non-profit, non-denominational educational networks in the developing world, Aga Khan Education Services (AKES), is a part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN). Its mission is to improve the quality of life for communities. AKES aims to give all children and students access to both information and the fundamental wisdom required to balance that knowledge and enable them to achieve the utmost fulfillment through the provision of ECD, formal (K–12), and non-formal education programs.
In 2004, AKES Afghanistan (AKES, A) began operating there. Since then, AKES, A has offered high-quality ECD and non-formal education programs to thousands of kids and students living in underserved communities. With a central office in Kabul, three regional offices, and several area offices, AKES, A now serves over 25,000 children and students in 6 provinces, including Kabul, Baghlan, Kunduz, Balkh, Samangan, and Badakhshan.
The Aga Khan Early Learning Resource Center (AKELRC) will be opened in Kabul in 2021 by AKES, A. As the national AKDN ECD Resource Center for early years and family programs throughout the nation, the AKELRC will be a model ECD program. The AKELRC will constantly produce conventional and non-traditional professional development tools, resources, and opportunities for ECD instructors and practitioners at the national level after it has established itself as a center of excellence for the government, development partners, and the corporate sector. Last but not least, the AKELRC will advance the extension and reform of the AKES, A ECD program by offering technical and programmatic assistance to an extensive network of ECD centers (via the Hub and Spokes Model) across eight Afghan provinces.
- Until and until otherwise stated, teach (Part Time = 4 Hours; Full Time = 8 Hours).
- Create daily lesson plans with the program’s objectives and the student’s needs in mind.
- Create or gather supplemental instructional resources,
- Maintain your professional growth in accordance with your supervisor’s instructions.
- Work together with the other teaching staff to share information, expertise, resources, etc. Establish efficient contact between the center’s and regions’ colleagues. The daily, weekly, and monthly performance of the pupils should be tracked, observed, and evaluated. Create the necessary reports on the performance and development of the pupils, then distribute them to the relevant supervisors.
- Students with significant absences should promptly inform the operation assistant.
- To fulfill the tasks and responsibilities in a way that represents AKES, A’s dedication to safeguarding workers, beneficiaries, partners, and community members in accordance with the Safeguarding Manual and Child Safeguarding Policy.
Occasional Significant Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate actively in meetings and seminars for professional growth or quality improvement.
- Encourage and inspire cooperation among the faculty, students, and parents.
- When other instructors are on leave, cover them, keeping the possibilities in mind.
- Bachelor’s degree in English Language and Literature or a discipline linked to language instruction (in metropolitan regions) or a TTC diploma (in rural areas).
- CEFR Bl-B2 English Proficiency (80–89% on the recruiting exam) in urban areas or CEFRA2 Bl (70–79%) in rural regions.
- Teaching experience of at least 3 years in metropolitan areas or 6 months in rural regions.
- Knowledge and abilities for teaching English range from adequate to exceptional, as shown in the teaching demo and interview.
- Excellent communication abilities in both Persian and English, as shown in the interview, teaching demo, and written test.
- Any more current certifications in the study of or instruction of English are advantageous.
Please submit your application through the following link: Teacher, English – 10039424 no later than May 28, 2023.
- Ensure to upload your CV and Cover Letter in one file.
- Your cover letter must not exceed one page.
- Your CV must be a maximum of 3 pages.
- Do not upload any unnecessary documents, unless you are asked to do so.
Aga Khan Education Service, Afghanistan’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity, child safeguarding, and safeguarding of beneficiaries against abuse, bullying, exploitation, and all other sexual and non-sexual harassment.
the following link: Teacher, English – 10039424