The first wireless communications business in Afghanistan is called Afghan Wireless. We were the first company to provide cell phone service to Afghan consumers and companies when the company started operating in 2002, helping to establish Afghanistan’s mobile communications sector. Afghan Wireless has been instrumental in our country’s communications market’s explosive growth for well over a decade thanks to its creative invention and implementation of world-class High-Definition (HD) Voice Communications, Internet, Data, and Mobile Payments Services. Afghan Wireless employs more than 6,000 individuals, and our business is directly responsible for the generation of 100,000 employees across Afghanistan.
- Opportunity: job
- Location: Kabul | Kandahar
- Organization: AWCC
- No of job: 3
- Gender: Male
- Years of Experience: 2 – 4 years
- Deadline: 15. May. 2023
The BSS engineer’s job is to support the BSS engineering team with the Radio Access Networks’ entire O&M, CM, and rollout project.
You may like
- US DV lottery registration | Green card lottery 2025
- DV lottery – Immigration Diversity Visa 2025
- Daily Exchange Rates of Selected Currencies to Afghani
- Tolo TV needs talented students
- Grant Specialist
Duties & Responsibilities
- HUAWEI BSC/RNC installation and commissioning.
- Huawei BTS/Node B/eNode B system installation and integration for the areas.
- Responsible for routine operation and upkeep, which includes checking and clearing alarms, reporting significant alarms, identifying hardware and cable faults, and troubleshooting as needed.
- is in charge of updating BTS/NodeB/eNodeB with new TRX/cells/sectors.
- accountable for introducing additional boards in accordance with BSC/RNC/BTS/NodeB and EnodeB guidelines.
- accountable for BTS, NodeB, and eNodeB’s migration efforts.
- accountable for doing maintenance on various BTS/BSC/RNC/eNodeB interfaces.
- accountable for checking the load on various nodes and boards and reporting the results to the supervisors.
- liable for BSS BO database preparation.
- accountable for coordinating with other agencies on the ground.
- In charge of monitoring and activating NodeB and EnodeB licenses.
- responsible for carrying out RF requests in accordance with the rules.
- Doing troubleshooting in accordance with the BSS managers’ guidelines.
- Keep up with the scheduled preventative maintenance.
- handling both defective and spare equipment.
- making reports on defective equipment that have been returned from the sites and sending them to the relevant department.
- onsite BTS installation project management.
- handling local maintenance of the BTS and LMT software.
- Configure and put into practice different BTS topologies in accordance with the plans.
- monitoring and analysis of alarms.
- Identifying and fixing the BTS, Power Rack, Battery Bank, and DDF faults.
- integration of BTS/BSC with external/environmental alarm monitoring equipment.
- taking care of the switching operations at the remote site end.
- working to address the client’s issue regarding several areas.
- Engage with NOC professionals and offer a technical fix for the repair of the alert.
- A minimum of two years of experience working as a BSS Engineer for a telecom service provider and a B.Sc. in Electrical and Electronics, Computer Science & Engineering, Telecommunication, or a similar field from a reputable, well-known university.
- An excellent grasp of IP technologies is required. Applicants with authentic CCNA/CCNP certification will be given preference.
- Must be well-versed in the wireless network architecture of GSM, WCDMA, and LTE.
- must have strong English skills.
- The ideal candidate will be curious, self-motivated, and open to learning new things.
- When necessary, the candidate should be able to resolve situations either alone or with a team.
How to apply
Copy the link paste into your browser * https://forms.gle/iY8i4uMiy2yLYTAf7