|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Years of Experience:||6 months (upon submitting donor funding opportunities)|
|Contract Duration:||Bachelor’s or master’s degree in public health or Engineering|
|Education:||Bachelor or master’s degree in public health or Engineering|
About Solidarités International:
SOLIDARITY INTERNATIONAL is a French charity that aids those who have been affected by natural disasters or armed conflict. The organization has dedicated more than 40 years to addressing the three basic requirements of water, food, and shelter. Since 2010, SI has operated in 20 nations and has implemented emergency and post-disaster programs in 4 industries.
The Deputy Program Manager (Community Engagement) will be in charge of all daily program operations under the direction of the WASH Program Manager and will coordinate all elements as outlined in the operation proposals. Along with the program manager, DPM-Community Engagement will carry out continuing actions such as community mobilization, hygiene promotion, and kit distribution. The Hygiene Promotion officers will be under the direct supervision of DPM-Community involvement.
Main Roles & Responsibilities:
- Help the WaSH Program Manager determine the HR, logistical, and budgetary requirements at various phases of the activity.
- Join the PM in reviewing the program’s work plans, budgetary projections vs actual expenditure, and progress made toward goals on a regular basis. You may also take part in generating proposals with the necessary technical and management inputs.
- To guarantee the successful execution of the activities and their impact on beneficiaries, conduct routine site inspections and employ follow-up/assessment measures.
- Determine and foresee potential risks and limitations associated with the ongoing activity, and then suggest modifications as necessary.
- Together with relevant stakeholders, ensure the protection of people and property at intervention/project locations.
- maintain a regular monitoring, evaluation, and updating schedule for the present in-progress activities;
- execution of water supply projects,
- monitoring the execution of projects inside SI and by contractors on a regular basis
- Guarantee from the tool’s dissemination and beneficial applications.
- promotion of hygiene
- the provision of hygiene kits
- Testing and monitoring of water quality
- Engagement and community mobilization
- Focus group interactions
- surveys KAP and End lines.
- Design the hygiene promotion messages in accordance with the KAP and the FGDS with the WASH PM.
- Design the tools and materials for promoting good hygiene in collaboration with the WASH PM.
- Help the WASH PM identify project areas and needs in the area of intervention based on need assessments, KAP analysis, and FGD findings.
- Day-to-day management and supervision of Hygiene promotion officers and quality implementation.
- Ensure that performance reviews are carried out according to defined procedures, and monitor the professional development of staff.
- Participate in the recruitment of Hygiene promotion officers
- Identify any training needs and conduct relevant technical training in accordance with operational requirements.
- Ensure the link with the community engagement and the technical water and sanitation teams and the transmission of relevant information at all stages of the program
- Make ensuring that high-quality reports are delivered on schedule, both internally (weekly, quarterly, interim, and final reports, as needed) to the PM and externally (as needed), with the appropriate supporting documentation.
- cultivate and preserve productive working connections and lines of communication with various stakeholders.
- Assure the team’s appropriate preservation of data relating to project execution.
- Attend meetings pertaining to the projects and represent SI.
The above list is a non-exhaustive one, not an imitative one. You could be asked other responsibilities and tasks within the framework of the job on demand of the direct line manager.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering or public health
- 2 to 3 years of experience working on initiatives or programs to promote community health and hygiene
- Managing Sanitation and Hygiene Promotions/Education experience
- Demonstrated track record of managing Community Mobilization initiatives for public health
- Awareness of health, development, and humanitarian concerns.
- Proven track record of incorporating diversity and gender problems into public health promotion.
- Strong English proficiency. Dari and Pashto are required.
- The capacity to present clear, high-quality reports in English and a track record of training delivery.
- Working for an Organization is a bonus
- Strong interpersonal abilities and the capacity for teamwork.
- Effectiveness under pressure
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, and the Internet.
National candidates who are interested and qualified should send their applications, along with a resume and cover letter, to the following email address: [email protected]. Please include the position title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email; otherwise, your application will not be reviewed.
The closing date for accepting applications is 15th April 2023.
To schedule a written test, only selected candidates will be contacted.
OTHER DOCUMENTS, SUCH AS A WORK CERTIFICATE OR A DIPLOMA, SHOULD NOT BE ATTACHED AT THIS STAGE.