A wide range of scholarships is available each year from the Doha Institute for Graduate Studies to entice academically talented students from inside and beyond the State of Qatar. There are several types of scholarships; some are given based on academic achievement and distinction, while others are given based on financial necessity.
- Opportunity type: Fully Funded
- Opportunity: Scholarship
- Scholarship level: Master’s degree | Ph.D. degree
- Location: Qatar
- University: Doha Institute of Qatar
- Gender: Male and Female
- Availability: International
- Deadline: January 20, 2023
- No student may combine the Institute’s awards with any other scholarships, regardless of where they came from.
- Only students with strong academic records are still eligible for the Institute’s scholarships. Students who disobey this condition risk having their scholarships revoked by the Institute in line with its policies.
- The Institute’s scholarships are not intended to help students pursuing executive master’s, diploma, or specialized certificate programs.
- Students who have already benefitted from the same scholarship in a prior time of study in any of the Institute’s programs, regardless of whether they receive a degree, are not eligible for the Institute’s scholarships.
Master Scholarship Type:
- Tamim Scholarship
- Sanad Scholarship
These awards are given based on academic achievement and merit. It honors the most accomplished Qatari and foreign students from the Arab globe. Scholarship benefits include complete tuition price coverage, free housing in institute residence halls for international students from outside Qatar, a monthly stipend, health insurance, and two round-trip airline tickets from and to their home country upon arrival and after graduation.
These scholarships are determined by the student’s financial needs. It is intended for Qataris, local residents, and foreign students. Scholarships might pay all or part of the cost of a program. In addition to receiving free housing in the institute’s dorms, a monthly stipend, health insurance, and two round-trip tickets from and back to their home country upon arrival and after graduation, international students from outside Qatar will also benefit from having their full tuition fees covered.
How to Apply For a Master’s Scholarship
Through the scholarship application form, all accepted students may submit a scholarship request. All eligible students get the application form from the admissions office. Students have the option to submit their applications together with all appropriate paperwork.
For more Information please visit here
Fields of study
- Public policies
- Comparative literature
- Development economics
- Political science and international relations
- Public administration
- Media studies
- Executive in public administration
- Linguistics and Arabic lexicography
- Sociology and anthropology
- Conflict management and humanitarian action
- Monetary security studies
- Social work
Doctoral Scholarship Details
- Regardless of whether they earned a degree or not, students who have previously benefitted from the same scholarships are not eligible for the Institute’s scholarships.
- Without the Doctoral Studies’ prior agreement, a student may not combine the Institute’s award with any other scholarship, regardless of where it came from. Board
- Full-scholarship recipients agree to work for the Institute for at least ten hours per week throughout the semester in the areas of research, teaching, and any other tasks that may be assigned to them. The partial grant recipients’ working hours are decided in proportion to the scholarship’s value, as long as they don’t exceed 15 hours per week.
- The Doctoral Studies Board chooses the requisite subjects of study after consulting with the programs and schools. The foregoing responsibilities must be met in order for recipients of Institute scholarships to continue receiving benefits from them.
Admission requirements of the first phase:
- The applicant must be accepted into the institution.
- The applicant must be unable to afford the costs of pursuing a doctoral degree and has no other scholarships.
- The scholarship covers two semesters during which the student must complete the courses of the first phase. In case of failing to complete them in that period, the student shall pay the additional fees as determined by the institution.
Admission Requirements of the second phase: (full-time to read the prospectus)
- The student’s GPA shall not be less than 3.5 in first-phase courses.
- This scholarship covers one academic year.
Admission Requirements of the third phase: (Dissertation writing)
- The student must complete the tasks of the prospectus phase and must pass the comprehensive test by the end of the second phase.
- The scholarship covers two academic years, which can be extended by submitting a reasoned extension request and obtaining the approvals of the Director of the Doctoral Studies Board and the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- The first phase of the doctoral studies fellowship is awarded in accordance with eligibility and in accordance with the standards listed below.
- The second phase’s research involves reading the prospectus continuously. It can only be obtained if you pass the first phase’s courses with a GPA of at least 3.5.
- preparation for the dissertation is the third phase’s scholarship. Its acquisition is contingent upon passing the thorough test.
How to Apply
Through the scholarship application form, all accepted students may submit a scholarship application. All eligible students get the application form from the admissions office. Students have the option to submit their applications together with all appropriate paperwork.