DOUGLAS INTERNATIONAL REGIONAL ENTRANCE AWARDS & EDUCATION ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIPS
Every year, Douglas College awards almost $100,000 in admission grants to freshmen from abroad who have excelled in their prior academic pursuits.
At Douglas College, there are now two types of admission scholarships offered for the Fall, Winter, and Summer semesters:
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): Douglas College
- Study in: British Colombia, Canada
- Program Period: One year. The scholarships will be split equally between the Fall & Winter semester
- Deadline: January 31 / May 31 / September 30, 2023
|Summer (May)||January 31|
|Fall (September)||May 31|
|Winter (January)||September 30|
Douglas International Education Regional Entrance Award: $1000 – 2000
- No additional application is required. Students who apply to Douglas College will be automatically assessed, and they will be informed of this reward when we submit an offer of admission.
- Available to students from CIS countries
- Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan), Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, East Asia, Southeast Asia, and South Asia (Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal
- Students must have submitted an official semester application to Douglas College by the deadline specified below in order to be considered.
- Successful applicants often have GPAs that are above average (B equivalent or better) and impressive English language exam results (i.e. IELTS 7.0 and above, or equivalent).
Dr. Guangwei Ouyang International Education Entrance Scholarship: $2500
- A separate application is required. Applicants must complete the entrance scholarship form (PDF) by the below deadline and email it along with all supporting documents to Douglas International. To be considered, students must have already applied to Douglas College.
- The selection of students is based on their prior academic success, involvement in their school, community, and/or personal growth.
- Students from all countries are eligible for these scholarships.
Students at Douglas College may be eligible for continuing student awards in addition to admission grants depending on how well they do over the course of the academic year.
Douglas College International founded the International Education Returning Student Scholarship in 1995. The award honors outstanding academic achievement among overseas students pursuing their studies at Douglas College.
Enrollment & GPA Requirements
- Be an international student enrolled at Douglas College
- Be enrolled in a minimum of nine (9) credits within any academic program or Faculty
- Have completed at least 21 credits at Douglas College with a minimum GPA of 3.75
- Students must complete and submit an application by the deadline (start an application to see the deadline)
- 2 references ( 1 academic, 1 non-academic )
- Students must demonstrate outstanding commitment or contribution to the community
- Students must demonstrate a link between their studies and global citizenship. For example, the pursuit of global competencies through study and experience (e.g. GCC-eligible courses, study abroad, the pursuit of intercultural WIL or experiences)
- This annual award is worth $1500 for each recipient
- There is one recipient for each of Douglas College’s six faculties
- The next round of applications will open in November 2022
- For details about this award, visit: MyGlobal or contact Global Engagement