|Job Location:||Sar-e Pol|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As per NRC salary scale|
|No. Of Jobs:||4|
|Organization:||Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Years of Experience:||Minimum of 2 years of working experience with the humanitarian program in the fields of community-based education, and teacher training preferably with UN or INGOs.|
|Contract Duration:||Till 31 Dec 2023 (extendable)|
|Education:||University degree/ Certification/ Diploma within Education or another related field.|
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an impartial charity that aids those who must escape. Every year, we aid millions of people in emergencies and long-term support in more than 31 countries where there are crises. We fight for the rights of those who are being forced to escape. Our worldwide source of expertise, NORCAP, contributes to strengthening local and global capacity to avert, prepare for, respond to, and recover from crises. The Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre, maintained by NRC in Geneva, is a world authority on reporting on and promoting the rights of those who have been forcibly relocated within their own nation.
If you work with NRC, you may be transferred to or employed in regions, nations, areas, or offices that pose significant health, safety, and security hazards. The NRC takes this seriously and has policies in place to lessen known hazards, but we will never be able to completely eliminate them.
The NRC strives to have a diverse workforce in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability as an equal-opportunity employer.
Implementing a CC project portfolio is the job function of the education assistant role.
The Sar e Pul province’s AEP lessons will be carefully implemented and monitored with the assistance of the Education Assistant and Education Officer. The goal of NRC’s education program is to provide vulnerable children and youth—including those who are displaced, returning refugees, and members of the host community—with access to high-quality education in a safe setting.
The primary elements of education projects in Sar e Pul Province are classrooms from the Accelerated Education Programme (AEP) and community-based education (CBE). And providing opportunities to enroll out-of-school children in the AEP/CBE classes to support formal Education and strengthen their capacity to host the IDP, Returnee, and host community out-of-school children to continue their education at the upper level.
The Education team leader, Project Coordinator, and Project Manager provide direction and technical assistance to the Sar e Pul Education Assistant. He or she will assist the Education Officer in all aspects of project implementation, such as beneficiary selection, community sensitization, need assessments, AEP teacher and Education Supervisor capacity building, data collection, data entry, and monitoring of Education projects in Sar e Pul. He or she will assist the implementation of the CBE and AEP courses technically. Up to 80% of his or her time will be spent on the job, visiting the project sites and offering the team technical assistance, among other things.
- Follow the rules, manuals, tools, and regulations of the NRC.
- help with the execution of the support function portfolio in accordance with the strategy
- Ensure that paperwork is filed properly.
- Execute the plan of action for the portfolio of CC projects that have been delegated.
- Examine the education officer or education technical assistant for correct document filing.
- Make sure projects are directed at those who would benefit most from them, and consider new and improved methods to help.
- Evaluation of the Technical Assistant/Education Officer for monitoring daily project execution progress
- communicate and work together with the appropriate local authorities and stakeholders.
- In accordance with the advocacy strategy, promote the rights of IDPs and returnees.
- Support the technical components of education projects including the Accelerated Learning Program (ALP), Community-Based Education (CBE), School Improvement Plan (SIP), Education First Phase Response (EFPR), and Support to Formal Education (FE) with high-quality implementation of educational project activities.
- preparing and leading a training session on capacity-building for parents, school Shura members, and ALP/CBE teachers.
- help and follow up with ALP & CBE teachers to ensure that a child-friendly environment and learning environment are established in their accountable ALP & CBE classes. Also, help ALP & CBE instructors in their academic and professional lives.
- ALP and CBE classes should be regularly monitored, and combined monitoring with DED, CED, and PED professionals should be made possible.
- Promote community awareness of the value of education, particularly for girls, in the neighborhoods that are being targeted. Hold parent meetings to discuss dropout prevention.
- Data collecting for all aspects of community-based education activities, including attendance, test results, teachers, and students.
- Participate in the transfer of ALP/CBE classes to the hub school and make sure all necessary paperwork is submitted in accordance with CBE rules – Ministry of Education.
- Facilitate evaluations, surveys, and need assessments to identify gaps and identify requirements for improved response and data collecting.
- For responsible ALP and CBE classes, instructional kits and resources are distributed, and textbooks are collected and sent to the appropriate hub schools.
- Promote psychological assistance and fresh awareness-raising initiatives for children’s safety.
- The development of a tight working connection with the education staff for the purposes of supporting the data collecting and filling system, as well as the psychosocial support of beneficiaries and other core competency personnel who are contemplating the integration strategy.
- Create a SMART weekly plan and prepare weekly reports. Be responsible for the implemented actions by offering methods of verification (MoVs).
- Assist the Edu Officer, Team Leader, Edu PC, Edu officer, and FoC with the overall project execution of all its components.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge of English is an asset.
Context-related skills; knowledge and experience:
- degree, certification, or diploma from an academic institution in education or a closely connected discipline.
- A minimum of two years of experience working with humanitarian programs in the areas of teacher training and community-based education, ideally with the UN or INGOs.
- outstanding computing skills
- and knowledge about Sar e Pul province’s geography and geographical setting.
- if other than English, knowledge of the local language, such as Dari, Uzbeki, or Pashto
- awareness of AEP and SIP
- strong cultural sensitivity and awareness
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- Smart Phone with Top-up Credit card with Internet package on a monthly basis.
- NRC will cover staff plus four (4) dependents for medical insurance.
- Leave and Holidays accordingly to Afghanistan Labor Law.
How to Apply:
Interested qualified candidates can apply by clicking on the below link:
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the NRC People site, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV will not be enough.
We do not have to inform all the candidates. Only those who closely meet the job requirement will be informed.
Online Application Form