the world. The main objective of the IFRC is “to inspire, encourage, facilitate, and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by National Societies with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.” Prior to, during, and after catastrophes, health emergencies, and other crises, IFRC strives to provide for the needs of vulnerable people and enhance their quality of life.
Together with its member National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), the IFRC is a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (Movement). The core values of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntarism, unity, and universality serve as the foundation for the IFRC’s activities.
IFRC is led by its Secretary General and has its Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The Headquarters is organized into three main Divisions:
- National Society Development and Operations Coordination;
- Global Relations, Humanitarian Diplomacy, and Digitalization; and
- Management Policy, Strategy, and Corporate Services.
The IFRC maintains five regional offices, one each in the Americas, the Middle East and North Africa, Asia Pacific, Africa, and Africa. Additionally, the IFRC has national delegations and country cluster delegations all across the world. The IFRC Secretariat is made up of the Geneva Headquarters and the field structure (regional, cluster, and country).
Since 1990, the International Fund for Refugee Cooperation (IFRC) has maintained a constant presence in Afghanistan to assist the Afghan Red Crescent Society (ARCS) with organizational growth, outreach, auxiliary roles, humanitarian diplomacy, partnership building, humanitarian response operations, and longer-term programming. In order for the IFRC network to reach its full potential as a trustworthy, accountable, and engaged global humanitarian actor and to carry out an agreed-upon agenda, it is imperative that it coordinate and support the activities of its member National Societies. In accordance with an existing Movement Cooperation Agreement, the IFRC Secretariat collaborates with the ICRC on movement coordination and cooperation.
The IFRC is assisting ARCS in expanding its humanitarian response while also supporting longer-term programs in Afghanistan due to the enormous humanitarian needs there. The IFRC will provide funding for ARCS programming in 2023 under the following three headings: Pillar 1 will focus on addressing urgent humanitarian needs; Pillar 2 will assist recovery and serve as a bridge to development; and Pillar 3 will improve local response capacity.
- Vacancy No.S03577
- Contract TypeNational
- Application Deadline17-May-2023
- Duty StationKabul
- Duration8 Months
To ensure the carrying out of Drivers’ duties in support of Federation operations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain contact with the Radio Room on departure and arrival to the Sub-Delegation.
- Fill out the logbook on a daily basis.
- Must be Loyal, honest, flexible, and punctual.
- Perform any other task as assigned by the line manager.
- To obey all traffic rules and inform immediately the Security department if an accident takes place.
- Keep clean the vehicle and check oil, water, and acid every day.
- To obey all the rules and regulations for drivers.
- Check the mechanical state of the vehicle regularly and inform the logistics department if any faults occur to the vehicle.
- High school graduate or higher
- 5 year’s working experience in a similar position for an INGO or international organizations
- Working experience with communication equipment’s (Codan, VHF, sat phones, etc)
- Experience in driving of armored vehicle (certificate required)
- No history of major accidents within the past 1 year
- Previous experience with Red Cross / Red Crescent
Knowledge, Skills, and Languages
- Able to properly drive and understanding the traffic rules and regulations
- Basic English Skills
- Local common languages knowledge (Dari & Pashto)
- Knowledge of Federation or movement partners