The application period is now closed for our January 2023 intake. By November 28, 2022, applicants will be notified of the results of their scholarship application.
Successful overseas candidates who join us in January for their first year of study will receive International Development Awards, which are scholarships worth £5,000 each. We only offer partial funding for our overseas scholarships. They are neither promised nor given automatically. They require an application. This implies that you must ensure that you can pay the remaining balance for fees and living costs on your own.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters
- Institution(s): Kingston University
- Study in: UK
- Program Period: Depends on the chosen program
- Deadline: May 30, 2023 for September 2023 intake.
Who can apply?
- If you satisfy each need listed below, you may submit an application for an international scholarship.
- You have received an offer to enroll in an undergraduate or graduate program at Kingston University but you are not presently enrolled in a degree- or foundation-level program there, making you an international student who must pay “overseas fees.”
When can I apply?
Take your time while applying because it’s not first come, first served. By the deadline, all applications will be given equal attention. Application submission for the January 2023 intake was due on Thursday, November 10, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. (UK time).
How are the scholarships awarded?
The following criteria will be used to offer international scholarships:
- educational merit (your grades from the previous study)
- what do you want to achieve from your degree program at Kingston
- what do you plan to do once the course is over
What documents do I need to submit?
You must upload each of the aforementioned supporting papers with your online International Scholarship application (we cannot accept supporting documents by email). Applications that lack any of the aforementioned essential papers will not be processed.
- The offer email (conditional or unconditional) you received from Kingston, is saved as PDF or Word format.
- how they got to know your
- reason(s) they believe you merit a scholarship (comments on your achievements or academic strengths).
- Why they think you will be an asset to your course of study.
- Your academic prowess and accomplishments
- What outcomes do you hope to achieve by attending Kingston University
- How do you plan to leverage your past expertise and knowledge going forward
- Your long-term objectives
- The most recent transcript or worksheet with grades to date should be submitted if your final transcript won’t be available until after the application deadline.
- We will base our decision on the grades listed on your transcript, not the grades you anticipate.
What is my Kingston Student ID number?
- You’re UCAS reference number if you are applying for an undergraduate program.
- If you are applying for a postgraduate degree, your Kingston Student ID number will appear on your offer email as a seven-digit number beginning with K, such as K1234567.
What happens after I apply?
Here is a timeline of the application process.
- When you submit your application, a confirmation email will be sent to you (same day).
- By the middle of July (September intake) and early December, we will email every candidate with our final decision (January intake).
- You will get “chasing emails” if any supporting papers are missing (remember, we must receive all of the required supporting documents by the deadline).
- The Scholarship Committee does not communicate with candidates and makes the ultimate determination about applications. The Committee’s choice is final.
Can I apply for an international scholarship and a loyalty bursary?
- Yes, you will still be eligible to apply for one of our loyalty bursaries. You will find all the necessary information and the application form on My Kingston (the University’s intranet) after enrolment.
Can I apply for an international scholarship and a faculty scholarship?
- You may submit applications for several Kingston University scholarships. In the event that you are given more than one Kingston University scholarship, you are only permitted to accept one of those scholarships.
Can I apply for an international scholarship and an external scholarship?
- Yes, you are eligible to earn a scholarship from another organization if you receive one from Kingston University.
How is the international scholarship discounted from my fees?
- The £5,000 discount will be applied to your last installment if you are paying in installments. For example, if your tuition is £13,500 and you receive a £5,000 scholarship, you should pay £8,500 rather than £13,500 if you are paying your entire tuition in advance.
Can I apply without a final transcript?
- Yes, you may still apply, you just need to provide your most recent transcript.
How to apply
For more information, refer to the official website