Foreign students who are enrolled in or intend to enroll in a Japanese graduate program for a master’s or doctorate degree are eligible for this award. If applicants are admitted to a Japanese graduate program, applications may be filed from outside. All nations and academic specialties are welcome. Without being chosen in advance by the institution, applicants may apply directly to the foundation.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
- Study in: Japan
- Opportunity Focus Areas: There is no restriction on the field of research.
- Program Period: From 1 to 5 years.
- Deadline: April 30, 2023 / October 31, 2023
|Application Period||Spring Scholarship: September 1– October 31 (2022)|
Fall Scholarship: April 1 – April 30 (2023)
*The precise dates will be announced in the application guideline.
|Screening Method||document screening, interview(s)|
|Number of Scholarships available||Spring Scholarship: Ten|
Fall Scholarship: a few
Period and amount of scholarship
The scholarship will be awarded on a monthly basis for the minimum time necessary to complete the degree. The scholarship amount varies depending on the following factors:
¥200,000 per month for 1 ~ 2 years degree
¥180,000 per month for 3 years degree
¥150,000 per month for 4 ~ 5 years of degree
Application and screening schedule
|September 1, 2022, ~|
October 31, 2022
|January 31, 2023||The result of the document screening announced|
*The application number of applicants moving on to the interview process will be posted on our website.
|February 2023||Interview examination|
*Planned in Tokyo, otherwise interviewed by video call.
|March 31, 2023||Final result announced|
How to apply
- Verify your eligibility before applying.
- “Online application system” is now available. Complete the application form and upload the necessary files.
- The application number and a PDF of your application form will be produced after the required paperwork has been received. When the results are released on our website, you will need the PDF file, so please save it.
※Application period: September 1, 2022 ～ October 31, 2022
The application guidelines for the scholarship (Spring) 2023.