|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As Per Organization Salary Scale|
|No. Of Jobs:||5|
|City:||At least a university graduate in community development or other relevant trade.|
|Organization:||Afghan Family Guidance Association |AFGA|
|Years of Experience:||3 years|
|Contract Duration:||Subject to the project life cycle|
|Education:||At least university graduate in community development or other relevant trade.|
About Afghan Family Guidance Association |AFGA:
The Afghan Family Guidance Association (AFGA) was founded in 1968 and is a non-governmental, nonprofit, and apolitical organization in Afghanistan. From its foundation, AFGA has worked in the area of reproductive health and rights, and it recently joined the International Planned Parenthood Federation as an associate member (IPPF).
Due to war and violence in the nation, AFGA operations were put on hold for 10 years (1992–2002), but they were restored in 2002 with financial assistance from the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF).
With initiatives in more than 180 nations, the IPPF is an association of 151 family planning organizations known as Member Organizations. The IPPF is still the world’s biggest civil society supplier of resources and services related to reproductive health.
The community social organizer role holder will increase access to health services offered by stationary or mobile clinics in certain locations in the provinces of Logar, Kapisa, and Samangan. This individual will be in charge of supporting health projects on the level of targeted communities. The main duties of a community mobilizer include community mobilization, capacity building through frequent meetings, data gathering about community mobilization and training, and encouragement of targeted communities to enhance health services, notably RMNCAH services in selected locations.
responsibilities & duties:
- In close cooperation with the project supervisor, vocation trainers/DDP, and target communities, mobilize them to project intervention, procedures, and policy and motivate them to actively play their part in the promotion of project goals.
- Create and implement a plan for community mobilization after conducting baseline community surveys.
- mobilizes and inspires the target communities to act on problems of gender equality.
- encourages the target populations to have a feeling of engagement, contribution, and independence.
- establishes and grows mutual trust, collaboration, and understanding between the target communities and the AFGA humanitarian response effort.
- Maintains effective communication with the authorities.
- Collaborate with the community, family, and stakeholders to ensure that RMNCAH-specific activities and those promoting health are accepted.
- Create training resources for certain populations or stakeholders.
- Participate in the follow-up with employers for on-the-job training and employment support in close coordination with the project supervisor.
- Gather information about community mobilization and services, and help the project’s technical provincial supervisor or field supervisor in the interpretation and analysis of the information.
- Collects and organizes data on community mobilization and services in order to provide reports.
- Submit information on community mobilization, monitoring, counseling, training, and observation to the project supervisor.
- Assists the Project/Field Supervisor in developing the scope of the provincial program.
- Assists the Project Manager in establishing AOP at the sub/site office level.
- Assists the Project Manager in the development of project implementation plans.
- Assists the Project Manager in designing project operations and budgets at the sub/site office level.
EDUCATION: At least a university graduate in community development or other relevant trade.
WORK EXPERIENCE: At least three years of working experience in community mobilization.
SKILLS: Very good training, community mobilization, and motivation skills, good communication skills in national languages, and basic knowledge of writing and speaking English is a plus point.
LANGUAGES: Fluency in written and spoken Dari and Pushto languages, and good in English.
Qualified individuals are strongly urged to apply for the position using the link provided below. They may also upload their CV and cover letter to the online system. Please keep in mind that only applications submitted via the online portal will be evaluated for this post.