|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||Based on DRC Salary Scale|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Organization:||Danish Refugee Council|
|Years of Experience:||Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience|
|Education:||Bachelor’s degree in BA or any field of social science or relevant|
About Danish Refugee Council:
WHAT EXACTLY ARE WE?
The Danish Refugee Council helps refugees and internally displaced people all around the world by providing immediate relief, fighting for their rights, and expanding their prospects for a better future. We operate in crisis zones, along migration routes, and in nations where refugees settle. We aim towards ethical and sustainable solutions in collaboration with local communities. We strive for effective integration and, where feasible, fulfillment of the desire to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was established in 1956 in Denmark and has since evolved to become a worldwide humanitarian organization with over 7,000 employees and 8,000 volunteers. Our objective is for all displaced people to live in dignity. All of our activities are guided by our core values: humanism, respect, and integrity.
ABOUT THE JOB
The general aim of the role: the job is responsible for ensuring that all logistical concerns at the Zabul field office are handled in compliance with organizational standards and procedures, which includes weekly and monthly activity reports to the immediate supervisor. The supply chain assistant is in charge of three major areas (asset management, procurement, and fleet management), as well as regulating and providing all essential activities and qualifications. He or she also assists the logistics section with day-to-day operations.)
- DRC protocols must be followed and controlled.
- Assist the Procurement department in meeting deadlines for different procurements and ensuring that all essential paperwork is completed and up to date.
- Organizes events, provides lunch and drinks, and makes all necessary arrangements with suppliers and the technical team.
- Work closely with the Finance department to verify that all documentation for supplier payments is proper.
- Concentrate on the organization’s openness and accountability.
- Other tasks as assigned by the line manager.
- Make that Order Requests are accurately completed and properly authorized by a designated individual.
- assemble quotes and create purchase requests in accordance with DRC procurement procedures.
- Update pertinent databases under the line manager’s supervision
- When making purchases and requesting quotes from vendors, act ethically.
- Make sure to keep the procurement follow-up form updated.
- Ensure a proper filing system of procurement documents in close coordination with the procurement assistant (finance).
- Support with providing accurate and updated procurement documentation in case of an audit
- Ensure information flow with relevant departments
- Overall supervision of item flow and warehouse management.
- Receives, stores, and distributes relief materials upon receipt of a signed and approved request.
- Verifies the quality and amount of received products, cross-checks with delivery notes and waybills, and reports.
- Implement an appropriate updating of documents (bin cards/stock cards) in compliance with the item’s movement.
- Participate in the quarterly physical inventory of warehouse products.
- Based on a supply chain request, release needed replacement parts for cars and generators from stock.
- Receive the needed parts from the Kabul workshop and stock them.
- Prepare a spare parts order request form based on the stock deficit.
- Providing daily activity and worker reports to the line manager.
- It provides an up-to-date report on item movement.
- Conducts and directs occasional sampling and periodic stock inventories.
- Controls for the optimal stock organization following each item transfer.
- All warehouse structures’ safety, security, and stock organization are monitored.
- According to the demands, diesel fuel is delivered to automobiles and generators.
- Managing the stationary, consumables, and report stock
- Managing and reporting on the NFI’s stock.
- Managing the store of livelihood goods.
- The line manager assigns any additional job-related activities.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- 2 years of related job experience is required.
- Experience and technical skills: (including years of experience)
- Excellent communication abilities
- Excel proficiency is required.
- Basic Word proficiency
- To fulfill deadlines, you must have strong organizing and planning abilities.
- INGO expertise
- proficiency in the local language
- BA in Business Administration
- Solid computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- English (Written and Spoken) – Fair
- Dari / Pasto (Written and Spoken) – Fluent
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the DRC salary scale