|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As per the organization Salary Scale|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Organization:||International Medical Corps|
|Years of Experience:||1.Afghan National. 2. Graduated from a recognized medical faculty|
|Contract Duration:||8 Months|
|Education:||1. Afghan National. 2. Graduated from a recognized medical faculty|
About International Medical Corps:
International Medical Corps is a global nonprofit humanitarian organization devoted to saving lives and alleviating suffering via healthcare training, relief, and development activities.
International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization founded in 1984 by volunteer physicians and nurses. Its purpose is to improve the quality of life in places across the world via health treatments and associated activities that build local competence. International Medical Corps rehabilitates shattered healthcare systems and helps them regain self-sufficiency by providing training and treatment to local communities and medical aid to persons at high risk, as well as the flexibility to respond quickly to emergencies.
To learn more about our mission, visit https://internationalmedicalcorps.org/who-we-are.
The initiative is consistent with the BHA’s objective of saving lives, alleviating human suffering, and reducing the effect of catastrophes by assisting those in need in becoming more self-sufficient, as well as the Afghanistan Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP) 2023.
The program is organized on the following primary goals:
Purpose 1: To help the most vulnerable HHs impacted by Afghanistan’s numerous crises to meet their basic necessary requirements (food and non-food).
Purpose 2: To increase the safety, protection, and well-being of vulnerable groups, particularly women and children, by preventing negative coping techniques from being adopted.
Purpose 3: To minimize excess morbidity and mortality caused by hunger, a lack of access to basic health care, safe drinking water, and poor sanitation and hygiene.
The Senior Health and Nutrition Officer will be in charge of overseeing the day-to-day execution of health and nutrition program activities under the BHA project in accordance with IMC standards, as well as aligning programming to Afghanistan’s Basic Package of Health Services (BPHS).
He or she will collaborate with health and nutrition personnel in HSCs or MHNTs to give technical assistance.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the IMC organization.
- Plan and supervise the execution of all health and nutrition activities in sponsored HSCs.
- Conducting supportive supervision and monitoring of nutrition and health activities on a regular basis.
- Support the capacity building of the Health and Nutrition teams in the areas of IMAM, MIYCN, IMCI, and maternal health, as well as identify training needs/gaps and conduct frequent refresher and on-the-job training sessions.
- Collect and compile OPD SAM, OPD MAM, and MIYCN reports, and offer team input.
- Submission of health and nutrition data on a regular basis, as well as completion of health and nutrition data input in online databases.
- Regularly submit health and nutrition reports on a weekly, bimonthly, and monthly basis by the timeframes specified.
- Development and maintenance of a health and nutrition filling system at the provincial and health facility levels, with the goal of maintaining correct beneficiary information.
- Assist nutrition workers with meal demonstrations, family MUAC, and mass MUAC screenings.
- Facilitate quarterly MIYCN sensitization meetings for key influencers.
- Check that the medical and nutritional procedures are followed: admission and discharge criteria, frequency of measurement, nutrition product delivery, and systematic treatment protocols.
- Ensure that OPD, ANC, PNC, OPD SAM, and MAM registers and referral forms are properly filled out, and that anthropometric and nutritional data are entered appropriately.
- Ensure that all needed supplies are kept in stock at health facilities and that requisitions for health and nutrition supplies are made on schedule.
- Ensure that all HSCs follow up on worker attendance and timeliness.
- Represent International Medical Corps at all district and provincial level health and nutrition meetings with MOPH, PHCC, Ph.D., PND, WFP, UNICEF, and Partners.
- Monitor trends and keep the manager/coordinator informed of areas of concern.
- Identify procurement requirements and submit procurement requests to HSCs on schedule.
- Manage health and nutrition commodities (drugs, nutrition commodities, non-food demonstration items).
- Perform any other tasks delegated by the line manager.
- The duties and obligations described in this paper are illustrative of the kind and amount of work allocated, although they are not necessarily exhaustive. If necessary, you may be compelled to go to other regions of the country.
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct, maintain humanitarian principles, and respect international humanitarian law.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity
It is the responsibility and obligation of all personnel to safeguard and protect the populations with whom we deal, including individuals who may be especially vulnerable and children. This includes protection from the following actions by our employees or partners: sexual exploitation and abuse; exploitation, neglect, or abuse of vulnerable children and adults; and any kind of human trafficking.
1. Afghan National.
2. Graduated from a recognized medical faculty.
Work experience in health and nutrition for at least 2-3 years is required.
Previous experience working on health and nutrition programs is a bonus.
Knowledge of nutrition programs, particularly IMAM and MIYCN, will be beneficial.
In nutrition programs, TOT is preferred.
Good interpersonal skills and the ability to operate in a team.
Humanitarian experience in medical and nutrition initiatives in Afghanistan (EPHS, BPHS, IMAM, IMNCI, and MIYCN)
conversant in health and nutrition Information Management Systems
The applicant must be fluent in English, Dari, and Pashto.
Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint abilities are required.
International Medical Corps never charges a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction to job seekers. If you are requested for money in connection with this recruiting, please contact International Medical Corps at the address shown at the bottom of this paper.
Please keep in mind:
- IMC is committed to a fair and open hiring process.
- IMC will undertake its recruiting only on the basis of necessity.
- During the recruiting process, only the HR department will contact you.
- IMC may maintain your application data for its candidate pool and may recommend you for a position other than the one you applied for based on your qualifications.
- Only candidates who have been shortlisted and whose applications meet the requirements will be contacted, and local applicants from the same province are urged to apply and will be given preference.
- Please use the following link to apply for this position:
To apply for this vacancy, please use the following link:
If the link above does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it into the browser address bar.
Make sure that you have Entered All Education, Work Experiences Details Completely, Accurate & at the end of the application you press Submit.
Preference will be given to local residence applicants.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.
IMC is committed to a fair and open hiring process.
IMC International Medical Corps is happy to offer equitable employment opportunities to all workers and qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, handicap, or veteran status.