|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As per Organizational Salary Structure|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Years of Experience:||Minimum three years of experience in the banking sector. Preference shall be given to candidates having experience in the field of risk management, credit risk, finance, market risk, internal controls, and internal or external audit.|
|Education:||University graduate (preferably Master’s) in relevant disciplines such as economics,|
About Azizi Bank
Azizi Bank (www.azizibank.af) is a commercial bank established in Afghanistan in accordance with the licensing rules of Da Afghanistan Bank, the country’s Central Bank. The bank received its license on June 13, 2006, and began operations on the same day. Mr. ‘Mirwais Azizi of the Azizi Hotak Group & Family promoted Azizi Bank, a product of Afghan vision and entrepreneurship.
Azizi Bank is the country’s largest lender, accounting for over 40% of all loans given in various sectors of the economy, including infrastructure financing, transmission lines, and optical fibers. The bank has an ambitious financial inclusion policy. Azizi Bank is also the most popular in the country in terms of deposits.
The Bank’s management team is a blend of youth and expertise, ably backed by a youthful and well-trained operational staff, with the goal of revolutionizing the banking landscape in the country by providing clients with a genuinely professional and delightful experience. With a 14% female workforce, the bank presently has 1750+ workers and is playing a modest but significant role in women’s liberation and empowerment. The bank has made significant investments in physical infrastructure and technology in order to give prospective clients the appropriate ambiance and cutting-edge amenities in accordance with international standards.
The bank has 76 branches and four extension counters, making it a pioneer in the development of the country’s banking culture. Today, the bank has 100 ATMs throughout Kabul and the major provinces of Afghanistan, all of which are completely networked under Core Banking-Any Branch Banking and linked to a Centralized Database. By the end of December 2020, the bank expects to have 200 ATMs, making it the clear market leader in Afghanistan’s ATM network. The firm has more than 145 branches and the largest banking network in the country, thanks to its 100% subsidiary bank, Islamic Bank of Afghanistan (previously Bakhtar Bank).
Azizi Bank’s business philosophy is based on five core values: Operational Excellence, Customer Focus, Product Leadership, People and Sustainability
The Jobholder shall be accountable for the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Maintain current knowledge of key local regulatory requirements relating to the given area of responsibility, as well as worldwide best practices in this sector. Recognize and follow the guidelines. Maintain internal communication and debate on existing and new relevant needs.
- Understand, evaluate, and understand Afghanistan’s political and economic context.
- Maintain effective risk controls in compliance with the Bank’s Risk Management policies and monitoring processes to avoid unauthorized exposures.
- Contribute to the creation of the Bank’s Risk Management Framework (policies, procedures, and tools) in order to offer a consistent, pragmatic, and effective approach to risk identification, assessment, measurement, and mitigation.
- Create, uphold, and put into action the established Bank policies, monitoring procedures, and enforcement methods with reference to the given area of responsibility. Consistently report on the same.
- Work closely with the staff of the risk management department, as well as the employees of other departments, on all issues relating to risk management in order to ensure that the risks are appropriately assessed and managed.
- Identify new system and data needs (portfolio data, external data, market pricing, and rates data), as well as ongoing enhancements in the Bank’s risk management framework, in close collaboration with other department heads, internal auditors, and external auditors
- To promote risk awareness throughout the Bank’s operating areas, offer assistance and coaching to the bank employees in the areas of their assigned responsibility.
Other tasks and duties may be assigned if the needs arise
Required qualifications and skills:
- university graduate (ideally with a master’s degree) in a related field, such as management, banking & finance, economics, business administration, mathematics, or statistics. Additional professional qualifications or an almost-finished university degree will also be taken into consideration.
- preferably three years of experience in the banking industry. Candidates with experience in risk management, credit risk, finance, market risk, internal controls, or internal or external audit will be given preference.
- interest in the rules set down by the Da Afghanistan Bank and the Basel Committee for responsible risk management. Ability to comprehend policies and implement them in a professional setting.
- interest in risk management strategies or internal controls.
- Interest in working in cross-functional teams, carrying out tasks in a distributed setting, and conducting internal training and peer coaching.
- Excellent Excel abilities and meticulousness.
- Excellent analytical and reporting abilities, initiative, a proactive and constructive approach, and self-assurance. rapid learner
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resume with a detailed application letter and contact details, no later than May 05, 2023, to [email protected]
The name of the position and vacancy number must be written in the subject line of your email otherwise your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test.