- Salary Offer Grade C of the NTA Salary Scale
- Years of Experience Five years of experience in designing, implementing and evaluating thematic programs for at the provincial hospital, BPHS health facility, and community levels.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration One year (Extendable)
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference R2521
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Medical degree with, Specialty in Obstetrics and Gynecology is desirable
- close Date December 13, 2022
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not treat any employee or applicant for employment differently based on their race, color, orientation, gender, or gender identity; religion; citizenship; national origin; age; status as a veteran; or any other factor that is unrelated to the demands of the position. MSH will use affirmative action to guarantee that suitable candidates are hired and that workers are treated equally regardless of their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or status related to a handicap. MSH has created and keeps up a program and strategy for affirmative action in accordance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act.
implements and supports the project’s regional performance improvement methodology and strategy. Cross-functional teams that work together implement improvement plans in response to performance measurements and performance problems.
- Implement the project’s operations throughout the province to guarantee high-quality care at clinics up to the level of provincial hospitals.
Through collaborative planning and implementation with AFIAT Governance/Capacity-Building Officers, PPHO, and NGO technical officers, comprehend and put the concept of TSTs into practice.
Work with the PPHO and NGO technical officers to quickly evaluate the HFs in the delivery of theme services for which a PI officer is hired.
Determine the gaps, assist the employees in performing a root cause analysis, and design a strategy for improvement
- Conduct follow-up mentoring and coaching visits to support healthcare providers in building their capacity to deliver thematic services for which the PI officer is hired. This will enhance the standard of care and broaden access to high-quality health and nutrition services in the targeted community.
Create a monthly work schedule for addressing the clinical and non-clinical issues found in the targeted HFs.
Utilize the updated HQIP tool to implement the Quality Improvement program.
Distribute QI standards and practices and make sure they are followed properly.
- In collaboration with provincial stakeholders, assist in the implementation of alternative capacity-building approaches (peer-to-peer mentoring visits to learning centers, formal competency-based training) to help ensure compliance with standards. These approaches include RMC training for HCPs and Gender and Health Training.
Work together with partners to implement a system of overall quality improvement in the healthcare industry.
Take part in technical working groups as necessary for the area.
Create and submit monthly and quarterly reports on time.
- Make sure to thoroughly record each activity/result on the “HF QI progress sheet” for each health facility visited, and effectively distribute it to the AFIAT regional manager, Governance/CB officials, and any other pertinent stakeholders to ensure data utilization (PPHO, NGO).
To facilitate the building of relationships between health facilities visited and their communities in the theme services for which PI officer is hired, closely interact and coordinate with AFIAT Community Health Officers (CHOs).
Make sure a community representative is present during the TST visits in health centers in coordination with AFIAT CHOs.
- Start and develop project implementation success stories.
The central RMNH Senior Advisor and the RMNH&FP PI Officer work together to assist the AIM Safety Bundles’ deployment at 2 hospitals and nearby institutions as needed.
fulfill any additional duties that may be imposed upon you.
- Obstetrics and gynecology is a desirable medical specialty.
- It is preferred to have a master’s degree in public health or a related field.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- five years of experience in thematic program design, implementation, and evaluation for provincial hospital, BPHS health facility, and community levels.
- Experience from prior training or mentoring is a plus
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of the shortcomings in the Afghan healthcare system’s capacity to provide high-quality services in the areas of reproductive, maternal, and newborn health, as well as family planning (RMNH & FP)
understanding of integration of care as well as expertise in a particular theme area (policies, guidelines, SoPs, best practices, high impact interventions, relevant Community-based programs)
For RMNH&FP PI officers, acquired mentoring skills are preferable and required.
a great desire to coach healthcare professionals in order to help them perform better and achieve results
strong computer and analytical capabilities (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web-based research). ability to extract certain data using an Excel spreadsheet. The ability to use data to make decisions is desirable.
- Experience working together with a variety of partners at the regional and provincial levels to provide technically sound and effective healthcare treatments
Understanding the obstacles women face in getting the health care they need and having gender awareness.
- outstanding writing and verbal communication abilities in English and native languages
- Possessing excellent interpersonal skills, you can communicate with coworkers from various cultural backgrounds in a professional manner. The RMNH&FP PI Officer must have mentoring experience, which is a bonus.
- experience in BPHS component supervision and training.
Interested candidates should apply through the below link and submit an application form for positions they are suitably qualified for.