|Job Location:||Based on GC Salary Scale|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||Based on GC salary Scale|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Years of Experience:||At least 4 years in a humanitarian/human rights/protection organization working in province and districts; Experience in advocacy developing professional relationships with various stakeholder including armed actors and civil society and working in a neut|
|Contract Duration:||six month|
|Education:||At least 4 years in a humanitarian/human rights/protection organization working in province and districts; Experience in advocacy developing professional relationships with various stakeholders including armed actors and civil society and working in a neut|
About Geneva Call:
A non-governmental organization called Geneva Call is committed to advocating adherence to international humanitarian standards in armed conflict and other violent circumstances. The goal of the Geneva Call is to guarantee that armed groups and de facto rulers in the regions they fight or control adhere to international humanitarian law and fundamental humanitarian values.
There are many different countries, ethnicities, languages, and viewpoints represented in Geneva Call. All of Geneva Call’s employees enjoy an inclusive workplace. All competent applicants, without regard to their race, color, sex, country of origin, age, religion, ability, sexual orientation, or gender identity, are especially invited to apply.
The Project Assistant, working under the direction of the Project Officer, supports the PO in carrying out and managing the project(s) connected to humanitarian involvement in accordance with the program plans, internal processes, and rules, as well as donor needs and security limitations. It has national implications.
Assist the project officer in carrying out and managing the project(s) in accordance with the work plan, budget(s), requirements of the donors, and internal policies:
Planning, Coordination & Reporting
- Provide a narrative report on the GC activities (training, workshops, forums) that took place in the province;
- Create a report detailing all project costs, budgets, and funds, together with any supporting materials;
- help the project officer ensure that the project is implemented and monitored in compliance with the Geneva Call and the work schedule, budget, and donor policies;
- oversee the storage of knowledge and information, including the organization of program materials and papers;
- Raise a purchase request (PR) for the province’s events, discuss it with the Kabul team, and follow up on it;
- Make sure that financial records are safely transferred to the Kabul office;
- Upload all activity reports on Kobo and Sysel share;
- Prepare meeting minutes, field mission reports, and risk assessments;
- Organize hall for the GC events ( training, workshop, and consultation sessions);
- Any other task assigned by the Project officer.
Communications & External relations
- Publish project-related content (pictures, videos, field reports) and timely reports to highlight project results and accomplishments;
- Support activities, campaigns, events, and other efforts that are part of the communications strategy.
Education and experience
- a degree in law or a related area that has been earned;
- at least 4 years of experience working in the province and districts for an organization that promotes or protects human rights;
- experience in advocacy, including the ability to operate impartially and objectively while establishing professional connections with a variety of stakeholders, including armed actors;
- International organization experience is desirable;
- familiar with humanitarian standards and ideals, and an engagement guru;
- exemplary stakeholder management
- training and education sessions;
- An advantage is knowing Islamic law.
- IT tools (Excel, Word, and Outlook),
- knowledge of research, monitoring, and reporting;
- Knowledge of humanitarian concerns, an understanding of the humanitarian framework, and the ability to conduct in-depth analysis.
- Required: Pashto, Dari, and English.