The Simmons University of the United States has announced the awarding of a number of undergraduate scholarships for those interested in free study in the United States, which are as follows.
Simmons University USA scholarship registration conditions in 2023
- Scholarship: Kotzen Scholarship
- Scholarship provider country: United States of America
- University of study: Simmons University
- Degree offered: Bachelor’s degree
Field of Study
- the cinema
- computer science
- Graphics and… (see the full list of courses)
Scholarship Benefits: This scholarship covers all the following full-time for 4 years.
- Exemption from paying full tuition
- Annual payment of 3000 dollars for research and…
Students applying for the Kotzen Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Apply as a first-year for the fall semester
- Simmons is test optional so it is your choice if you would like to submit standardized test scores with your admission application. For those choosing to submit test scores, a 28 or higher on the ACT is recommended, and a 1300 or higher on the SAT
- Non-native English speakers must submit an English proficiency test (TOEFL/IELTS, TOEFL essentials, SAT/ACT scores, or Duolingo English Test)
- GPA of 3.3 or higher, unweighted
- College preparatory curriculum including an advanced level math course during, or prior to, your senior year of high school
- A record of taking honors, advanced placement (AP), and international baccalaureate (IB) courses, as available in their high school systems
Students who meet the criteria above are often also interested in the Honors Program at Simmons.
The application consists of a short answer and a formal essay in response to the prompts below, as well as a resume including activities and involvements. Students should submit their essays and resume in PDF or Word Doc via email with the subject line “Kotzen Application,” by December 1. Each page of the document should include the student’s full name and date of birth.
Please note: it is the student’s responsibility to submit a working file in the proper format (PDF or Word) as we will not convert or accept incompatible files (i.e. Google Docs, Pages, etc.)
- Short Answer (of no more than 250 words): How would you use your additional annual award of $3,000 (for study abroad, short-term courses, summer internship tuition, and/or research support)?
- Formal Essay (of no more than 500 words): Some people argue that leaders are born, not made, while others defend the opposite view, namely that leaders are “made.” Write an essay in which you defend one view or the other. Use a specific example of a leader, either from history or from your own personal experience, to support your argument.
Finalists chosen for scholarship consideration will be required to complete an interview in February.
Visit the official website: Official website