Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is a global, independent organization that provides medical aid to populations in need in more than 70 countries. It provides emergency aid to those affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, and natural or man-made disasters.
To guarantee synchronous, accurate, friendly, respectful, objective, and fluent communication between MSF employees and the local community, perform oral and written translation from the mission language to the local language(s) or vice versa.
- Closing Date: Jun 07, 2023
- Reference: MSF-695
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Salary Range: As per the company salary scale
- Years of Experience: 1 – 2 years
- Probation Period: 3 month
- Contract Duration: 1 year
- Contract Extensible: Maybe
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Work Type: Full Time
- Gender: Any
Duties & Responsibilities
- Upon request, translate documents into a local tongue from the mission language.
- As needed, translate conversations and meetings
- Always treat participants in discussions—including patients, partners, authorities, military groups, and MSF staff—with respect.
- Assuring that all translations are kept secret in accordance with the mission/project coordinating team’s instructions
- Make sure translations are accurate and impartial.
- When requested to interpret, disclose any “conflicts of interest” that might require the assistance of other staff members (such as personal participation).
- Provide local norms, traditions, and other information to foreign personnel so they may better comprehend the situation and interact
- – High school diploma (12th class) essential
- – University degree desirable, (English Language, Mass Communication, Literature, etc)
- – Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) essential
- – Other experience in similar positions desirable
- – Dari/Pashtu: oral and written essential
- – English: oral and written essential
- Follow the below link OR scan the QR code to access the online job application survey. Candidates must fill in the survey order to be considered for shortlisting: https://forms.office.com/e/rmEf76xeiN
2. After completing the survey, send the following documents to email: [email protected]
2. Other relevant diplomas/certificates
3. ID card on both sides (this will be used for visitor authorization pass)
4. 3 professional work references with their professional email address (if possible)
Interested candidates must answer the online survey and submit their documents before 7 June 2023 at 5 PM
**Only applicants who complete the online survey and send their supporting documents via email will be treated**
Please be sure to include the reference “Translator – Coordination Office – Kabul” in your email for a valid application. It is important that you clearly state the position you are applying for and attach all required diplomas and supporting documents. To avoid any confusion, please save your documents with your name (e.g. CV_DMark, Diplomas_DMark). Failure to follow these instructions may result in your application not being considered.
Only candidates who meet the essential criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
At no point during the recruitment process will MSF charge a fee? All candidates can apply without any cost, and no one should be asked for payment or compensation during the recruitment process. If a candidate is asked to pay a fee, they should immediately report it to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.