The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is a vast humanitarian organization with 192 member National Societies worldwide. The IFRC aims to prevent and relieve human suffering, promote human dignity, and maintain peace globally by inspiring, facilitating, and promoting all forms of humanitarian activities. Its efforts are focused on assisting vulnerable individuals before, during, and after crises such as health emergencies, disasters, and other emergencies.
The IFRC is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (Movement), together with its member National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). The work of the IFRC is guided by the following fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality.
The IFRC is led by its Secretary General and has its Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The Headquarters is organized into three main Divisions: (i) National Society Development and Operations Coordination; (ii) Global Relations, Humanitarian Diplomacy, and Digitalization; and (iii) Management Policy, Strategy, and Corporate Services.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) has established five regional offices across Africa, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and North Africa, Europe, and the Americas. Additionally, the IFRC has set up country cluster delegations and country delegations across the globe. The IFRC Secretariat comprises the Geneva Headquarters and the field structure, which includes regional, cluster, and country offices.
- Closing Date: Jun 24, 2023
- Reference: Facilities Assistant
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Salary Range: As per the company salary scale
- Years of Experience: 2 – 3 years
- Probation Period: Not Specified
- Contract Duration: 7 months
- Contract Extensible: Maybe
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Work Type: Full Time
- Gender: Female
The Facilities Assistant is accountable for maintaining the good condition of the offices and residences of the IFRC Afghanistan delegation. The individual supports the Facility Officer in managing housing and accommodation, cleaning, maintenance, and operational services while ensuring the highest quality and minimal costs. They prioritize providing safe, effective, and efficient solutions to staff, consultants, and guests, allowing them to focus on their primary responsibilities. The Facilities Assistant also ensures the continuity of services and solutions under their responsibility and upholds the safety of subordinates, premises, and equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The goal is to ensure that Facilities Management services are delivered to a high standard. I strive to identify opportunities that will continuously improve all aspects of facility management operations.
- Every day, conduct inspections of buildings and meeting rooms to promptly and efficiently address any issues that may arise.
- Update the Staff site’s plans on a monthly basis and distribute them to staff as required.
- It’s important to keep accurate records of all projects and purchases made by the facilities department.
- Organization of meetings including venue and logistics.
- Organize and maintain records for invoices, expenses, and financial records.
- Responsible for maintaining clear and consistent communication between the facilities department and contractors, serving as the primary point of contact. Regular monitoring of communication channels is also part of my duties.
- Support and assist the Facilities Officer and the team with administration requirements.
- Manage contractors, contracts, and suppliers as directed to ensure service delivery.
- Conduct general health and safety duties including risk assessments and other requirements.
- Attend training and course as directed by the Facilities Officer.
- Ensure that Procedures are adhered to in relation to all purchase requisitions and invoices within facilities.
- Ensure all on-site activities are done appropriately and in coordination with the facilities Officer.
- All other duties and responsibilities are in line with Facility management.
- University graduate degree in administration, facilities management
- 2 years of experience in a similar role
- 2 years of experience in supervising maintenance, repair, and overhaul
- 2 years of experience in facility, building, or property management
- 2 years of experience in supervising low-skilled workers
- Experience in hotel and lodging management
- Property or building management including safety
- Maintenance, repair, and overhaul
- Proficient in team and people management
- Proficient in project management
- Proficient in managing low-skilled workers
- Proficient in dealing with government authorities
- Proficient in computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Fluent in Dari and Pashto
- Fluent in spoken and written French, Spanish, or Arabic
- Experience in compliance and documentation
- Experience with business processes optimization
- Experience in emergency, disaster, crisis, and incidents management
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field is preferred