Applications for the Poland Government Scholarship 2023 are now being accepted. The Polish Scholarship 2023 is intended to encourage students from abroad to attend Polish universities. They must submit an application for a Ukasiewicz Scholarship, which is a fully funded master’s degree scholarship offered by the government. Please be informed that the Banach Scholarship and the Lukasiewicz Award have been combined into a single scholarship.
The Program offers inhabitants of the countries that qualify for participation in the Program scholarships to pursue second-cycle studies in Poland with the goal of assisting the socio-economic development of developing nations by raising their level of education and professional skills.
The Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange and the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs jointly developed the program, which is a component of Poland’s development aid program.
Deadline and other terms of submitting the application
|Deadline for submitting the application||The call for proposals shall be conducted till 31st of March 2023, 3:00:00 pm local time (Warsaw)|
|Method of submitting the application||Only in electronic form in the Agency’s ICT system, // FILL IN THE APPLICATION //|
|Language of the application||The application shall be prepared in Polish or in English|
|Maximum number of applications that may be submitted by one Applicant||1|
universities under the Minister of Education and Science’s supervision. These fields are defined in accordance with the Minister of Science and Higher Education’s Regulation on the Fields of Science, Scientific Disciplines, and Artistic Disciplines of October 11, 2022.
- North Macedonia
- Opportunity type: Funded
- Opportunity: Scholarship
- Availability: Online
- Gender: Male and Female
- Application type: Online
- Funded by: Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Degree Level: Master’s Degree
- Deadline: 31st March 2023
Field of Study
- Social science
- Agricultural sciences
- Life sciences
Timeframe for the project implementation
|Start date and duration of the Scholarship||The implementation of education under the Programme has to begin in the academic year 2023/2024 by taking up a preparatory course preceding studies or by taking up second-cycle studies.|
2.6. Procedure for the assessment and selection of applications for financing
|General assumptions||Applications shall be subject to formal and substantive assessment.|
|Formal assessment||The purpose of the formal assessment is to verify the applications in terms of meeting the formal criteria set out in this Announcement and in the Regulations of NAWA Programmes for students.|
|Substantive assessment||The purpose of the substantive assessment is to verify the applications in terms of meeting the quality criteria indicated in this Announcement.|
The Programme allows for:
- starting full-time studies conducted in Polish (Polish-language path) or English (English-language path) at public and – non-public universities in the areas covered by the Programme.
- The choice of the educational path shall take place at the stage of submitting applications for the Programme and shall be binding throughout the entire period of participation in the Programme. In exceptional and justified cases, the Agency may agree to change the educational path.
- participation in a preparatory course preceding studies in Poland (the Polish-language path) or a summer Polish language and culture course (the English-language path) financed by the resources granted by the Director of NAWA.
- The preparatory course applies only to Applicants within the Polish language path. The purpose of the course is to expand the knowledge of the Polish language and knowledge within major courses related to the future field of study.
- Summer Polish language and culture course is offered only to scholarship holders within the English-language path enrolled in 2023 and shall be conducted after completion by them of their first year of studies (or the first semester of studies, in accordance with the educational program applied at the university). The course shall last three weeks during the holiday season. The declarations of scholarship holders on participation in the Polish language and culture course shall be admitted in the summer semester of the academic year 2023/2024.
- Applicants qualified to participate in the Programme shall attend the course at a center indicated by NAWA. Assignment to the centers conducting the preparatory course shall depend in particular on the planned field of study and the availability of free places in the centers.
The Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are funding the Scholarships in Poland for International Students 2023. (NAWA).
- Tuition Fees
- A Stipend of PLN 1,700 per month
- For the duration of their studies, Selected Applicants shall also receive
- PLN 500 to cover the costs of relocating to Poland
- PLN 500 to cover the costs related to drafting their dissertation.
The total allocation for the call for proposals is approximately PLN 11 866 000, while the Agency reserves the right to change the allocation of funds. Ellan24.com
The outcome of the substantive evaluation will be calculated as the product of each individual criterion and its weight. The assessment criterion can be added up to a maximum of 100%.
The accomplishment of the minimal average grade, or the threshold of 60% according to the assessment scale used in the nation where the first-cycle studies diploma was obtained, must be a requirement for the Applicant to get a positive substantive evaluation. Each country participating in the program will have its own threshold established.
A negative substantive evaluation will be issued to applicants whose average grade does not satisfy the aforementioned requirement.
The Evaluation Team will decide which candidates who have completed or are completing their studies in Poland and from Programme countries will receive NAWA Director’s Scholarships based on the results of the substantive assessment of their applications within the limits of places for those countries. The Program countries will be allocated the available scholarship spots, with particular consideration given to the proportion of formally correct applications received in response to the call for proposals to the total number of Applicants holding particular citizenship as well as the goals of Polish foreign policy and Polish development assistance.
Scholarships under the Plan will be given to the applicants who received the highest substantive assessment result, subject to the country-specific caps.
If the maximum number of spots is not fully filled, the Assessment Team will redistribute, paying particular attention to the outcomes of the substantive evaluation of the Applicants and the allocation of spots across nations.
How to Apply
For more information please visit the official website to read about eligibility required documents and match more
CONTACT WITH THE AGENCY
For additional information, please contact us (working days, from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm):
- e-mail: [email protected]
- telephone: 22 390 35 21
- 22 390 35 78
- Narodowa Agencja Wymiany Akademickiej
ul. Polna 40
- 00-635 Warszawa
- tel.+48/22 390 35 00
- fax +48/22 826 28 23