WFP wants applicants who share our humanitarian objectives and possess the highest levels of expertise and integrity. Staff members are chosen through a competitive process. We urge suitable people to apply regardless of their gender, gender identity, or handicap since we are dedicated to fostering diversity and the idea of equal employment opportunities for all of our workers.
- Job Title: IT Operations Assistant
Type of contract: Service Contract
Duration: 12 months
Duty Station: Kabul, Herat, Kandahar, Faizabad, Jalalabad, Mazar
Vacancy Number: 695151
Date of Publication: 02 Aor 2023
Deadline of Application: 16 April 2023
This vacancy announcement is for Afghan nationals only
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the top humanitarian organization that saves and transforms lives, provides food aid in times of need, and works with local communities to improve nutrition and foster resilience.
This position seeks to create, maintain, test, and put into practice IT solutions in accordance with organizational needs. At this level, employees are expected to act responsibly and autonomously after being given just broad instructions. Every day, one must use discretion in dealing with unanticipated issues.
When IT solutions are supplied in accordance with business needs, jobholders are often required to construct a portion of the database and offer technical assistance to end customers.
- To assist the creation and implementation of efficient and effective IT solution components, write computer code.
- Maintain current technical system documentation for created IT solutions to aid in system upkeep.
- Test new, improved, or corrected code using unit and integration testing to make sure it is complete and adheres to technical requirements.
- Help in setting up, customizing, and deploying IT systems while adhering to WFP’s IT standards, policies, and procedures.
- Help with the release of IT systems and offer early-stage support to set up and make the IT solution usable.
- Perform maintenance on the system and its components, including system backup, system protection, and system security.
Implement critical server system monitoring and troubleshooting to guarantee reliable IT service delivery to personnel.
- Inquire about any technical
- Support for SCOPE implementation and operationalization provided to ICT colleagues in field offices.
- Do all necessary SCOPE technical tasks, including monitoring, user and equipment management, and monitoring.
- Make sure accurate data from CP and other partners is posted to the SCOPE system.
- Collaborate with other ICT unit users in a friendly, cooperative, and polite manner.
- To assist senior officials in administering these systems, make sure data is current and correct in inventories, databases, webpages, and archives.
- Gather data to be used in standard materials, such as training manuals and online content, as directed by senior colleagues, to help make information about services and products more accessible.
- as necessary, adhere to predetermined emergency response protocols and procedures to assist in
- Providing for the demands of emergency food assistance.
- Attend to any assignments made by the line manager.
- Independently address users’ inquiries, escalating if necessary, to guarantee that common IT issues are addressed and appropriate information is given.
- Create and create database architecture, altering databases and products to meet the demands of the customer.
- Gather information, compile it, and do a basic analysis to aid in the creation of reliable reports.
- Participate in the analysis of outcome data, provide suggestions for program intervention enhancements, and strengthen WFPs’ capacity to present outcome-focused outcomes.
- Support the frontline team’s everyday ICT needs.
- Help with the initial and primary deployment of new ICT infrastructure at the workplace, including the installation, configuration, and upkeep of more than ten servers, Cisco switches, firewalls, access points, VSAT, PABX, and P2P connections.
- By gathering and analyzing accurate data on ICT investments, activities, and deployment, as well as managing WFP corporate standard applications like Office 365, Glass, Teamwork, ITS (Invoice Tracking System), and WFP Box in accordance with WFP ICT policy, you can ensure all system backups and data security/privacy.
- Daily, efficiently handle WFP LAN, WAN, and P2P equipment and deliver prompt assistance to about 30 end customers.
- APP (Annual Performance Plan), DRP, SOPs, MoUs, NFRs, system manuals, and directives are just a few examples of the ICT paperwork that should be prepared, contributed to, and drafted.
- Make sure that employees have constant access to the Internet and the necessary ICT services and products.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Computer Applications, or MIS (Management Information System)
- Holding DBA (Database Administration) and data visualization/analysis Certifications is an advantage.
- Five or more years of progressive experience in ICT. Fluency (level C) in the English language and fluency in local
- Ability to write and speak in English, as well as Pashto and Dari
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We want to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of any accessibility needs you may have.
Plaese to read more about the job opportunity visit the official website
You may like