|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As per AAH Salary Scale|
|No. Of Jobs:||2|
|Organization:||Action Against Hunger|
|Years of Experience:||Experience: At least 4 years experience (Experience with NGOs are asset)|
|Contract Duration:||31 December 2023 (Extendable)|
|Education:||Education: High school graduate|
About Action Against Hunger:
The Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) Action Against Hunger/Action Contre La Faim (AAH/ACF) was founded in France in 1979. Since 1995, AAH/ACF has been working in Afghanistan in the areas of health, nutrition, food security, and water and sanitation. For those who reside in distant locations without a local health system and are the most vulnerable, AAH/ACF expanded access to health and nutrition services. The country team aided children under five, who are more at risk of malnutrition, as well as pregnant and nursing women. For nutrition programs to have a long-lasting effect on nutritional status, an integrated strategy that addresses both primary and underlying causes is essential. The national team strengthened the public health system by working at the local, village, and provincial levels. Also, it worked at the national level to make sure that the larger humanitarian community had access to trustworthy information regarding the nutritional situation. All interventions included the prevention of COVID-19, and other response measures were taken as well, including the cleaning of public spaces and healthcare facilities, providing impacted individuals with financial aid, providing emotional support, and distributing hygiene kits.
Objective of post
Ensure the security of people, equipment, and properties
Mission 1: Ensure people’s security
The Security Guard is responsible for:
- Verify all entrances, exits, and person movements both within and outside the building, day and night;
- Expatriates must be accompanied at all times (unless when an AAH employee travels);
- tame the throng’s motions;
- Make sure that everyone from outside is correctly registered;
- Report any concern or issue right away;
- Report any significant occurrence right away.
- Ensure sure visitors to AAH compounds are asked for an ID card
- Ensure that visitors receive visitor badges.
Mission 2: Ensure the security of premises, equipment, and properties
The Head of Security Guards is responsible for:
- Make sure that no equipment is stolen; confirm that the transfer of all food supplies and equipment is done correctly;
- Verify all the doors, windows, and enclosures.
- Achieve nighttime patrols;
- Ensure that all of the security lighting is operational.
- Use the AAH equipment correctly, or ask for instruction if necessary.
- Report any operational issues to the head of security guards.
Mission 3: Various tasks
The Security Guards are responsible for:
- Activate and deactivate the generator
- Help with trash management
- contribute to maintaining clean chemicals
- Participate in the process of loading and unloading cargo into and out of trucks.
Skills and Education
Education: Graduate of high school
Four years or more of experience (Experience with NGOs are an asset)
screening, fire prevention, effective communication, and physical fitness
Those who are qualified and interested should send a cover letter, a complete CV, and the names of three Referees to the following address:
AAH office of the human resources department
or can be sent through email to:
[email protected] indicating the job title and vacancy a number of the position in the email subject line.
Eligible candidates are invited to apply at the earliest possible deadline is set for 13 Apr 2023.
Academic transcripts should not be sent with the application. If the applicant is chosen, these will be required. For the written exam/interview, only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Action Contre La Faim/Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer. Women and those with disabilities are urged to apply in particular. There is zero tolerance for sexual exploitation, sexual harassment, and sexual abuse at ACF/AAH (SEA).