|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||Based on the NRC Salary Scale|
|No. Of Jobs:||2|
|City:||Herat – Islam Qala|
|Organization:||Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Years of Experience:||1 year|
|Contract Duration:||30 September 2023|
|Education:||A university degree in Law or Sharia Law, Administration, and Management, Social Sciences, or related fields|
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Office of the Norwegian Board of Refugees (NRC) is a non-governmental, non-political and non-affiliated organization as humanitarian organization dedicated to helping and protecting the rights of immigrants, refugees, returnees, and internally displaced persons (IDPs). It is expected that all NRC employees should work based on the main values of this organization: (sacrifice, innovation, inclusiveness, and accountability are among the values of the office of the Norwegian Board for Immigrants
Roles and responsibilities
The field employee performs Ekla activities in the border area (zero point of Islam Qala). The field worker is responsible for ensuring that all ECLA activities comply with the NRC Code of Conduct, national laws, donor requirements, and ECLA’s overall goal and that returnees and deportees can access their rights to a sustainable solution to displacement…
Below is a brief description of the role
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Ensuring that Ekla projects cover the beneficiaries most in need of support and contributing to new approaches to help them.
- Ensuring that all internal NRC project implementation tools are used during project activities.
- Other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Providing information and advice to the target groups in the border region in accordance with Ekla strategy, project documents, and applicable laws and procedures.
- Recording all activities in the database and protecting documents
- Providing individual counseling services to the beneficiaries and referring vulnerable cases according to Ekla standards and reporting the results, challenges, and achievements to the direct commander.
- Communication between NRC and governmental and non-governmental offices active in the border area
- The cooperation of the Ekla department employee in the central office
- Preparing and presenting weekly and monthly reports and presenting them to the direct manager
- Carrying out research and legal analysis in case of delegating responsibility by a direct supervisor
Competencies are very important for the employee and the organization to achieve the desired results. Competencies are related to all employees and are divided into the following two categories.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in a specialized field
- Having technical knowledge of humanitarian activities and working experience with returnees
- Previous experience working in complex and challenging areas
- Technical competencies related to job responsibilities
- Acquaintance with the work of NRC in the region
- Creativity and willingness to do new things
- Positive and cooperative attitude and willingness to work in a team
- Willingness to work in a multicultural environment
Skills, experiences, and knowledge related to work
- A university degree in Law or Sharia Law, Administration, and Management, Social Sciences, or related fields
- Experience in providing information/awareness to a group of people and reporting project activities
- Previous experience working with institutions
- Travel to “hard-to-reach areas” covered by Ekla projects in Herat and, if necessary, to Nimroz and Badghis provinces.
- Knowledge of computer skills, especially in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Familiarity with the local language (English is an advantage)
- These competencies are among the personal characteristics that show the success of people in their duties. The competency framework of the Norwegian HEAT Office for immigrants includes 12 competencies of individual behavior and the following items are necessary to qualify for this position.
- Planning and conclusion
- Communication with results and respect
- Administration and management of unsanitary environments
- Build and strengthen trust
- Monthly allowance based on office policy
- Leave and holidays according to the labor law of Afghanistan
- It should be noted that the place of work is in Islam Qala (border zero point) and NRC does not pay for accommodation or transportation other than salary.