Job no: 560915
Contract type: Fixed-Term Appointment
Categories: Human Resources
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
How can you make a difference?
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
1. Business Partnering
- Serve as the single point of contact for his/her client portfolio on advice pertaining to all aspects of the employment life cycle
- Provide accurate and timely advice to clients on HR processes and policies, ensuring the highest level of client orientation.
- As a proactive assistant, I provide clients with guidance on resolving human resources issues in a fair and transparent manner that considers the interests of both staff and the organization. I ensure that all solutions align with policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Promote the organizational goals and targets for gender equity and cultural diversity.
2. Strategic Human Resources
- Liaise with the HQ Divisions, and regional and country offices to support and contribute to corporate HR strategy formulation and global implementation. Provide feedback and make recommendations on the establishment and improvement of HR systems, policies, and processes.
- Keep abreast, research, benchmark, and implement best and cutting-edge practices in HR management and contribute to the development of global policies, and procedures, and introduce innovation through sharing of best practices and knowledge learned.
You may like
- US DV lottery registration | Green card lottery 2025
- DV lottery – Immigration Diversity Visa 2025
- Daily Exchange Rates of Selected Currencies to Afghani
- Tolo TV needs talented students
- Grant Specialist
- Grants and TA Officer
- IT Support Engineer by AWCC
- Job as Cleaner
- Call Center Junior Officer
- job as Driver by AWCC
- Protection and Rule of Law CBPC Officer (Re Announced)
- Electrical Technician
- Embroidery Trainer
- Junior Officer Risk MIS
- Audit Manager
- Consultant: Integrated Water Resource Management Expert ( for Afghan Nationals only)
- General Manager of Education and Development of the Department (Rank 4)
- Math Expert
- Software Developer
- Senior Software Specialist
- Professional member of training programs (Rank 5)
- Education and development employee of the department (Rank 6)
3. Implementation of assigned Human Resources Services
- Provide support to various or one specific HR occupation (recruitment, job classification, career development, performance management, data analytics, learning & development, etc.) to help their supervisors in implementing efficient client services that help either attract, retain, and/or motivate staff of the highest caliber.
- When assigned casework in the relevant area on either a routine or non-routine basis, analyze and synthesize issues and problems, and interpret established, formal guidelines to address and recommend solutions or further actions required.
4. Learning and Capacity Development
- In collaboration with business owners, design and deliver learning plans for staff to enhance their knowledge and build skills in new areas.
- Contributes to the mapping of competencies for all staff in assigned client portfolios, assisting in the development of a comprehensive framework in support of the development of the talent pipeline.
- Recommend efficient and cost-effective learning products which strengthen staff capacity to contribute effectively to business goals.
- Participate as a resource person in capacity-building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders.
- Provide orientation briefings to new staff.
- Provide day-to-day performance and talent management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, career conversations, and disciplinary actions).
5. HR Data Analytics
- Interpret and analyze HR data to help inform strategic decision-making on HR processes and strategies.
- Develop data collection systems to optimize data quality.
- Coordinate with country offices and partners to provide assistance in their HR information management.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An Advanced University Degree in human resource management, business management, international relations, psychology, or another related field is required.
- Alternatively, a first-level University Degree in a relevant field combined with (2) additional years of qualifying professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Five years of increasingly responsible professional experience in human resource management in an international organization and/or large corporation is required.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergencies is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability, and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: UNICEF Values
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
(1) I am skilled in building and maintaining partnerships, demonstrating self-awareness and ethical awareness, driving results for impact, innovating and embracing change, managing ambiguity and complexity, thinking and acting strategically, and working collaboratively with others. Additionally, I excel in nurturing, leading, and managing people.
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to including everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks, and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promoting the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Remarks: This is a re-advertisement due to minor amendments in the Vacancy Announcement. Previous applicants need not reapply as their original application will be duly considered.
UNICEF’s active commitment to diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable female candidates are encouraged to apply.
International professional employment with UNICEF requires mobility as a condition, which is also a fundamental aspect of the international civil service. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Before starting work with UNICEF, it is important to note that medical clearance is required. As an international organization, UNICEF will assist with obtaining a visa from the host country where you will be working. It is also necessary to comply with vaccination requirements, including for COVID-19. If you are a government employee seeking employment with UNICEF, you will be required to resign from your government position. Please be aware that UNICEF may withdraw an offer of employment if you do not meet visa, medical clearance, or vaccination requirements within a reasonable time frame.
* The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
Advertised: 10 May 2023 Afghanistan Standard Time
Deadline: 17 May 2023 Afghanistan Standard Time