In 2002, Afghan Wireless became the first wireless communications company in Afghanistan, pioneering the mobile communications industry by introducing cell phone services to both consumers and businesses. Over the course of a decade, Afghan Wireless has driven the growth of the nation’s communications market through the development and deployment of innovative High-Definition Voice Communications, Internet, Data, and Mobile Payments Services. With a workforce of over 6,000, Afghan Wireless has played a vital role in creating over 100,000 jobs in Afghanistan.
- Closing Date: May 20, 2023
- Reference: AWCC/HR/23/VA/079
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Salary Range: As per the company salary scale
- Years of Experience: 2 – 3 years
- Probation Period: 3 month
- Contract Duration: 1 month
- Contract Extensible: Yes
- Minimum Education: High School
- Work Type: Full Time
- Gender: Male
The ideal candidate will be accountable for maintaining and correcting the MW antenna system, RF cable, IF cable, grounding system, BSS equipment antenna, and VSAT antenna, as well as ensuring the aviation light is functioning properly within their designated area of responsibility.
You may like to Apply
- US DV lottery registration | Green card lottery 2025
- DV lottery – Immigration Diversity Visa 2025
- Daily Exchange Rates of Selected Currencies to Afghani
- Tolo TV needs talented students
- Grant Specialist
- Grants and TA Officer
- IT Support Engineer by AWCC
- Job as Cleaner
- Call Center Junior Officer
- job as Driver by AWCC
- Protection and Rule of Law CBPC Officer (Re Announced)
- Electrical Technician
- Embroidery Trainer
- Junior Officer Risk MIS
- Audit Manager
- Consultant: Integrated Water Resource Management Expert ( for Afghan Nationals only)
- General Manager of Education and Development of the Department (Rank 4)
- Math Expert
- Software Developer
- Senior Software Specialist
Duties & Responsibilities
I am experienced in installing a range of MW, VSAT, and GSM Antenna systems.
- Responsible for the installation and repair of aviation lights.
- Responsible for the installation of different IF and RF cables.
- Assist the MW/BSS Engineer during MW/BSS equipment installation.
- Assist the VSAT team during the installation and commissioning of the antenna system.
- Assist the Power department if needed.
- I am responsible for performing both preventive and corrective maintenance on various types of antenna systems, including RF cables, IF cables, and different types of connectors.
- Please provide daily work activity reports to both the assistant and the MW manager.
- Be able to travel on the job site.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Willing to assign any place around Afghanistan.
- Knows how to use binoculars, compasses, and GPS.
- Can climb the different heights of the Tower.
- Knows how to use a safety belt and harness.
- Knows how to use rigging proper tools and accessories.
- Knows how to properly splices different types of radiofrequency (RF), intermediate frequency (IF) cables, and connectors.
- Knows how to install different sizes of grounding systems.
- Knows how to install different types and sizes of Antenna.
- Knows how to conduct Antenna panning and alignment.
- Can assist MW/BSS/VSAT Engineer during different equipment installation.
- Knows how to use a multimeter and Earth tester.
- Knows how to install an Outdoor Unit (ODU).
- Knows how to apply weatherproofing and different waveguide sealants.
- Can install aviation and beacon light.
- Knows how to use GPS.
- Knows how to install antenna bracket, bus bar, and antenna mounting pole
- Familiar with horizontal and vertical alignment adjusters.
- Knows how to install different types of couplers and different sizes of flexible waveguides.
- Familiarize yourself with the different types and sizes of nuts & bolts used for MW antenna systems.
- Knows how to troubleshoot and test the intermediate frequency (IF) cable shorted or open and partially grounded.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes with recent photos by email to:
Kindly mention the position number (AWCC/HR/21/VA/140) in the subject line of your e-mail. Otherwise, your application will not be acceptable.
AWCC regrettably cannot respond to individual queries in relation to jobs or on the status of individual applications due to the high number of applicants. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume that your application has not succeeded.