Afghan United Bank is a privately owned commercial bank that was established on October 4, 2007. It has obtained its banking license under the Banking Laws of Afghanistan from the Central Bank of Afghanistan (DA Afghanistan Bank) and received an incorporation license from Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (AISA). With 32 branches and 13 booths located in Kabul and other major cities of Afghanistan, the bank offers a comprehensive range of financial products and services in both Conventional and Islamic Banking.
AUB is strengthened with the most professional bankers in the region and driven by the strategic goals set out by its Board of Management and Supervisory Board, the Bank has invested in the state-of-the-art core banking system, Flex cube, in order to provide its customers with an extensive range of products and services. For more information kindly visit: www.aub.af or www.afghanunitedbank.com
- Closing Date: May 30, 2023
- Reference: AUB/HR/023-026
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Salary Range: As per the company salary scale
- Years of Experience: 3 – 5 years
- Probation Period: 3 month
- Contract Duration: Not specified
- Contract Extensible: No
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Work Type: Full Time
- Gender: Any
The Senior System Officer is accountable for efficiently providing, installing/configuring, operating, and maintaining hardware and software systems, as well as the necessary core infrastructure. They actively engage in technical research and development to facilitate ongoing innovation within the infrastructure. Additionally, this role ensures that all system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures align with organizational values.
You may like
- US DV lottery registration | Green card lottery 2025
- DV lottery – Immigration Diversity Visa 2025
- Daily Exchange Rates of Selected Currencies to Afghani
- Tolo TV needs talented students
- Grant Specialist
- Grants and TA Officer
- IT Support Engineer by AWCC
- Job as Cleaner
- Call Center Junior Officer
- job as Driver by AWCC
- Protection and Rule of Law CBPC Officer (Re Announced)
- Electrical Technician
- Embroidery Trainer
- Junior Officer Risk MIS
- Audit Manager
- Consultant: Integrated Water Resource Management Expert ( for Afghan Nationals only)
- General Manager of Education and Development of the Department (Rank 4)
- Math Expert
- Software Developer
- Senior Software Specialist
Duties & Responsibilities
- We offer engineering services for SM-related solutions to meet a variety of project and operational requirements.
- I can assist you in installing new servers or rebuilding existing ones, configuring hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, and more. All of these tasks will be done following the proper standards and meeting your project/operational requirements.
- One of the tasks is to install and set up systems that support CBS infrastructure applications or E-Banking applications.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- It is essential to create and update installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Please conduct research and suggest creative and automated methods for handling system administration duties. Please consider approaches that utilize our resources and offer cost savings through economies of scale.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Ensure that all necessary file systems and system data are backed up on a daily basis. Create recovery tapes or disks, and recycle and send media offsite when necessary to guarantee successful backup operations.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- To ensure optimal performance, it is important to continuously fine-tune performance, upgrade hardware, and optimize resources as needed. Additionally, CPU, memory, and disk partitions should be configured to meet specific requirements.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Co-coordinating with Vendors for issue resolution,
- Creating and maintaining system-related documentation
- Providing 24/7 support for critical situations
- Performing other technical duties as assigned by the Line Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, and System Administration
- 3-5 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network-related fields are a plus
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategies and plans
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
If you believe you are a good fit for this job opening, please submit your complete application (including a recent photo, resume, and letter of interest) electronically to the email provided below.
To ensure that your application is considered, please use only the vacancy number as the subject line of your email. Simply copy and paste the provided vacancy number into the subject line field. Thank you.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview.